Thread: "Poltergeist" (1982) Jerry Goldsmith

JBL 4645

"Poltergeist" (1982) Jerry Goldsmith

Just brought from play.com at (£4.99) wow, that is a steal.

It should be spooking my JBL speakers, in Dolby stereo within a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Poltergeist still gives me the creeps......

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Poltergeist still gives me the creeps......
    Al

Well I’ve gotten past that myself. If it still creeps you out its doing what it was interned to do. Creep people out!

I must have hired the VHS PAL for days on end when it was released late 82 or early83. For about £1.50 I think the rental was for a few nights. The video library just down the end of the road about 7 minutes slow walking distance.

I’ve seen it projected once in the cinema at late night double bill of Poltergeist sadly only 35mm Dolby stereo 35mm prints in the downstairs screen 2 ABC Bournemouth.

The upstairs screen an Phillips DP75 that could show 70mm if they had tried harder to locate a 70mm print would have been gold dust.

Still the print was better looking than the lousy colour balance on second edition DVD/which got transferred to Bluray!

I see the region 1 first edition is still available and I’ll be ordering it next week I want a natural colour look not some blue colour light that is coming from the child’s closet, it should be white light, not blue!

First edition DVD £4.50 Free Delivery I'd buy that twice and stuff the bluray! (region 1 only)

Second edition DVD region 2

Bluray (same as the DVD second edition) region B

You need only glance at the artwork for the optical disc covers. The original has white static of noise on the TV screen that is how it looks!

The SE DVD and Bluray note its all blue due to colour manipulation!

The six-track Dolby stereo mix on the SE DVD sounds true to the theatrical mix it has mono surrounds that come on when needed and that tells me, its original.

The colour well no thanks it looks horrible in fact the colour scares me!

JBL 4645
    You can see the green smearing smug on the hottest part of the white light. that is not how it was seen in the cinema least of it, it would never show up on light box with the 35mm or the blow-up 70mm print.

Note how the colour is masking the detail of the image on the SE and Bluray so called bragged and lied about format!

Image screen captures from the DVDbeaver site. The beaver save me money now!

JBL 4645
    I just read my email and “Poltergeist” has been posted should be here this week as it is now this week! Yeah (3 to 5 days) I’m predicting Wednesday okay, Tuesday the very least.

JBL 4645
    I’ve only just got back from the morning shopping heat, (wow its warm outside today its nice) and “its herrrrr!”

Got wait for the amps to warm up and I got go out again so it won’t be till sometime around afternoon I get a chance to listen to Poltergeist in Dolby stereo.

Sooty was sniffing it out to give his 5 paw approval.

He approves with 5 paws the Sooty has spoken!

Thread Information