Thread: How do I ... Why?

How do I ... Why?

Hi friends.

How do I manage to insert text between pictures? Let us say I post 3 pictures, and want text between them.

Why are the pictures (after the forum upgrade) shown to the right on the screen? I always shrink the pictures I post to 800x600.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Hi friends.

How do I manage to insert text between pictures? Let us say I post 3 pictures, and want text between them.

Why are the pictures (after the forum upgrade) shown to the right on the screen? I always shrink the pictures I post to 800x600.
    basic answer: You can't! When you use the forum software to load images, it always puts new pictures (or links to pictures) beneath all the text you enter.

Convoluted answer: The ONLY way to put pictures in between the text is to host the pictures somewhere else
    Then you can hand-code the post as a series of paragraphs with an embedded link hard coded to each pictures.
    of course, if that outside site goes away (as they have in the past), your picture is now broken to future readers of the site

In short, its a kind of HTML hack to step AROUND the forum software - but I DON'T recommend doing so ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    basic answer: You can't! When you use the forum software to load images, it always puts new pictures (or links to pictures) beneath all the text you enter.

Convoluted answer: The ONLY way to put pictures in between the text is to host the pictures somewhere else (Like Flickr).
    Then you can hand-code the post as a series of paragraphs with an embedded link hard coded to each pictures.

Kind of an allowed HTML hack to step AROUND the forum software
    I personally wish people wouldn't keep their images on their own website or a picture hosting site, because down the road many times those images vanish. The images that are posted to this site will be here as long as the site is here.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I personally wish people wouldn't keep their images on their own website or a picture hosting site, because down the road many times those images vanish. The images that are posted to this site will be here as long as the site is here.

Widget
    What about Off Topic pictures ( unrelated to audio ) like those of dogs, cats, landscape photos and all the rest ?

Do you feel that those types should get the same hosting privileges ?

- If so, then this site can host them within the photo-gallery.
    - Once there, posters can "url-link" them into their threads ( as Heather mentioned ) .

- IMHO, encouraging this practice is opening a can of worms ( due to a lot less "day to day" scruntiny by moderators poking around in the gallery ) and the fact that the practice neatly side-steps at least one intent of making Off Topic threads invisible ( except to those who subscribe ) .

<> cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    What about Off Topic pictures ( unrelated to audio ) like those of dogs, cats, landscape photos and all the rest ?

Do you feel that those types should get the same hosting privileges ?

- If so, then this site can host them within the photo-gallery.
    - Once there, posters can "url-link" them into their threads ( as Heather mentioned ) .

- IMHO, encouraging this practice is opening a can of worms ( due to much less "day to day" scruntiny by moderators in the gallery ) and the fact that the practice neatly side-steps one intent of making Off Topic threads invisible ( except to those who subscribe ) .

<> cheers
    Yeah, but the off topic forums can always be blow away completely if/when abuse ensues ... and any thread can be modified by a mod - its just a pain to have to intercede like that!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information