Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jean Michael Jarre “Oxygen”

JBL 4645

Smile Jean Michael Jarre “Oxygen”

Sooty as found the new item CD curious while sniffing around it, I’m also just as curious as to how it sounds?

It’s a CD and DVD mastered in Dolby six-track 5.1 produced around (2007).

Got wait a while for the amps to warm up.

I read over on the (space freedom) JMJ site that there was an audio sync issue on the DVD, well I’d be looking and listening out for that.

Looks like Sooty has disco laser eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi,
    The original record was in 1977.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Michel_Jarre
    Your record was made in 2007.

Stéphane

JBL 4645
    Hello stephane how's the weather in France today?

Cheers for the link or reminder.

Wow weems like some musicians get attached to certain musical plug-ins. 40 years is long time (VCS3) if it accomplishes the task then why not use, it.

I’ve been in and out like a yo-yo today. I haven’t yet had the time to relax and settle down. At present time, I’m listening to “Images” CD album.

JBL 4645

Thumbs up "Oxygen" Jean Michael Jarre

I just finished listening to Oxygen CD in Dolby Stereo Pro-Logic and wow was this guy ahead of his, time. He not from the 20th century, Jean Michael Jarre is from the 21st century.

The depth and breath of this, album and its use of synthesisers placing musical sounds over the fronts LCR ping from side to side or whooshy like sounds, my mind is just so relaxed now after listening to this. Wow I feel, Zen now.

Sooty was sniffing the sound. I could tell he liked it, while he sat, on his side of the sofa.

I rather like “Oxygen” (part1) it’s what you make of it that counts or settles you into calm relaxed mood. I think it’s like being in outer space travelling though the cosmos at fast speeds.

Sheer musical brilliance is what Jean Michael Jarre.

I feel so quiescent.

Well going to play the DVD now.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I remember reading that he is considered the informal father of modern trance/electronica music....I've got 2 copies of Oxygen too
    And the son of “the late” film composer Maurice Jarre.

I only remember this music from the 1970’s or was it 76/77 see the album and maybe overhearing it playing the background at record/tape store that was on the Lansdown, its gone now well it went around sometime in the mid/late 80’s I think?

Yeah keep them scratch and dust free and they should play for many more years to come.

Then again the same principles apply to the CD £22.00 is the most I’ve ever paid for CD. Wow I’m going to listen to this each day or put it on when, I get some kip at low volume to Zen, me and dream out being in outer space. Guess you know what track I'm going to play.

JBL 4645
    “Live in the living room” is like personal way of seeing it without an audience.

Wow all those vintage keyboard syth, instruments crated this marvellous musical sound.

Hi
    Good weather for today
    But covered for the weekend
    Stéphane

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...t-Plains-audio

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane RAME View Post
    Hi
    Good weather for today
    But covered for the weekend
    Stéphane

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...t-Plains-audio
    Hey stephane
    Oh, you’ll be undercover for weekend then well as long as the air is warm that’s all that matters.

It might look the same here as well.

JBL 4645
    Oxygen part III the first few seconds that slowly builds up with low "deep note" that sounds kinder like one of the THX trailers rumbles the sofa with pressing sub bass feeling. I wonder if this is where THX got the idea from.

Track 3 The low end comes in around at 0:20 with an organ like tone kinder like the THX trailer.

Purchase all his CDs in chronological order

Jean Jarre started with Oxygene, the next three Equinoxe, Revolutions, Magnetic Fields are similar ( and probably essential purchases). Oxygene II is quite good too. The remainder are a bit more 'difficult' with reminders of the sound of the first Cds coupled with some really wierd stuff. The last album Teo & Tea is offensive (it has an pre-recorded woman's orgasm!) and should not be purchased.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Andrew View Post
    Jean Jarre started with Oxygene, the next three Equinoxe, Revolutions, Magnetic Fields are similar ( and probably essential purchases). Oxygene II is quite good too. The remainder are a bit more 'difficult' with reminders of the sound of the first Cds coupled with some really wierd stuff. The last album Teo & Tea is offensive (it has an pre-recorded woman's orgasm!) and should not be purchased.
    sounds interesting oh yes I have

Images on CD
    Rendez-vous on CD and I believe (CC) compact cassette

Need a good tape deck I don't have one anymore.

JBL 4645
    First few seconds of Oxygen part 3, sub bass extension 0H to 200Hz, also Oxygen part 3 the first few seconds leading up to 20 seconds and few seconds more.

AVR was playing at 0db (thou I had the levels turned down the DCX2496 -15db otherwise it would be deafeningly too loud!

Oxygen part 3 gives you an idea of how wide and low it plays down to on the CD not sure of the LP or compact cassette?

Part 3 has strong 33Hz note that plays and plays when it comes in on the mix then slowly fading out as the track ends.

JBL 4645
    The last few, seconds of Oxygen part 5 the breathing!

JBL 4645
    I’ve got the Behringer MDX4600 up and fully running now with some Jean Michael Jarre CD in Dolby Pro-Logic to expend the musical notes over a wide listening area

I placed the JBL sub on channel for and its output at the moment is set to sub bass extension diverting the lows from around 80Hz to sub, the output lead from GEQ3102 is patched into the MDX4600 channel 4 while LCR are plugged into

Ch1)left
    Ch2) centre
    Ch3) right
    Ch4) sub / LFE.1

When running Dolby discrete digital 6track I normal switch the S/W re-mix to OFF to keep the LFE.1 fully discrete! For non-LFE.1 I’d manually reroute the lows.

Added a bit of compression on the sub to keep it smooth rather than being over the top!

JBL 4645
    So far the music is playing smoothly I hardly notice the compression the SPL db is around +80db mostly depends on amp level settings which I’ll readjust later on, no rush at the moment.

Thread Information