Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No I don’t like the “new” site layout!

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Yeah, I'm liking the new topology, but dearly miss the maroon of the past! Never woulda thought that. Color scheme does not appear to be an option...
    I can ask some denver friends what they did with their forum 'skins'...
    (they had it so each user could select b/t three of four forums 'skins' which controlled how the forums looked on screen...

I believe that they are also using the latest release of vbull.
    but with some custom patches... i will try to confirm with them within a week or something...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    I've noticed if I close it, it requires I re-log in even tho the "remember me?" box is checked.

Then, when logging in it looks like I am unrecognized (unlogged-in) until I check a thread - any thread - at which point it recognizes me.

Odd.
    There definitely is a bug with the new version that is causing the behavior that Bo reported. It is also responsible for the phenomenon whereby people are reporting they cannot see the "Marketplace" forum when they log in, but can after they open another forum and then go back. A number of forums are reporting this.

For now, there is a work around. Make sure that the bookmark you use to access the site is exactly as below:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/

The bug only occurs when the following link is used to access the site:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/

In other words, you cannot omit the "www" in the domain name or the above problems will occur.

This is definitely a bug and not how it is supposed to work. Hopefully, a patch to permanently fix this is not too far off.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv View Post
    I can ask some denver friends what they did with their forum 'skins'...
    (they had it so each user could select b/t three of four forums 'skins' which controlled how the forums looked on screen...

I believe that they are also using the latest release of vbull.
    but with some custom patches... i will try to confirm with them within a week or something...
    There are a number of skins that I can adopt off the shelf. However, I am working on developing one that is unique to this site. I have a test copy of the forum to play around with and will be doing so over the next while. However, it may be as long as a month before I put up the revisions. There is a reason for this timeframe that I cannot comment further on for now. Therefore, I have to ask you to just be patient. I will continue to monitor for bugs and ensure that those are dealt with immediately to the degree possible.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
    There definitely is a bug with the new version that is causing the behavior that Bo reported. It is also responsible for the phenomenon whereby people are reporting they cannot see the "Marketplace" forum when they log in, but can after they open another forum and then go back. A number of forums are reporting this.

For now, there is a work around. Make sure that the bookmark you use to access the site is exactly as below:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/

The bug only occurs when the following link is used to access the site:

In other words, you cannot omit the "www" in the domain name or the above problems will occur.

This is definitely a bug and not how it is supposed to work. Hopefully, a patch to permanently fix this is not too far off.
    I came here to see if this was a current known issue and I just looked at my bookmark and it has always included the full URL you state, yet I must still login or click a thread every time.

Try using:

Some on the vbulletin forum have reported the reverse of what I found. In other words, it works for them if "www" is omitted in the link and is broken if "www" added. This seems to indicate that the problem may be related to whatever way the link was stored in the cookie that stored your username and password. However, I and others, have already tried clearing all cookies and this did not resolve the problem.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Google Spell Check doesn't work what-so-ever ( using IE8, XP SP3 ) .

Engagement, results in complete annihilation of everything within the editing box .

No biggy for most I suppose .

Earl
    I found this as well but it does work with no problems in Google Chrome. I did not try firefox or mozilla.

I have also found that the smpt relay function of the forum does not send out the whole link to reply to in my emails. It will take you to the first post in the thread not the last.
    Always fun learning more.......

I´d like the old look much more !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Google Spell Check doesn't work what-so-ever ( using IE8, XP SP3 ) .

Engagement, results in complete annihilation of everything within the editing box .

No biggy for most I suppose .
    I cannot replicate this with IE8 on with Vista or Windows 7. I currently don't have access to an XP machine. As a work around, you can try downloading the speller from http://www.iespell.com/

Once installed, the spell checker is accessed from the message editing box by clicking the Name:  spelling.png
Views: 666
Size:  891 Bytes icon that is at the top right of the editing tool bar.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Try using:

Some on the vbulletin forum have reported the reverse of what I found. In other words, it works for them if "www" is omitted in the link and is broken if "www" added. This seems to indicate that the problem may be related to whatever way the link was stored in the cookie that stored your username and password. However, I and others, have already tried clearing all cookies and this did not resolve the problem for me.
    Today, it appears to be working again.

I did notice the images are black unless I "view image" in Firefox. IE works fine. Maybe it's already been reported, I didn't read back through the entire thread, too many whiners. ;-)

I cannot replicate this with IE8 on with Vista or Windows 7. I currently don't have access to an XP machine. As a work around, you can try downloading the speller from http://www.iespell.com/

Once installed, the spell checker is accessed from the message editing box by clicking the Name:  spelling.png
Views: 666
Size:  891 Bytes icon that is at the top right of the editing tool bar.
    I'm on an XP SP3 box with Firefox 3.63 and IEspell works fine.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

what are our chances

of returning to the old color scheme? these colors actually remind me of ther "silverfox" theme on Firefox.
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    As a work around, you can try downloading the speller from http://www.iespell.com/

Once installed, the spell checker is accessed from the message editing box by clicking the icon that is at the top right of the editing tool bar.
    Okay, I downloaded and installed "ieSpell" . Thanks for suggesting this solution .

Spell-checking can now be engaged from either my main IE "Tools" menu item / as well as from the more normally used icon ( located within the Message Editing Window ) .

<> cheers

PS ; I didn't really want to download another ( humongous ) Browser onto this HD just to get spell-checking .

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Okay, I downloaded and installed "ieSpell" . Thanks for suggesting this solution .

Spell-checking can now be engaged from either my main IE "Tools" menu item / as well as from the more normally used icon ( located within the Message Editing Window ) .

<> cheers

PS ; I didn't really want to download another ( humongous ) Browser onto this HD just to get spell-checking .
    Why use spell checker! Use Window Microsoft Word page. Type and paste and post, that’s how I, do it. No need to loud a silly program on the pc unless you have word in office.

Also the site is now having loading issues. It has taken nearly 10 minutes!

The page is now starting to really tick me off. The reply post has taken 10 minutes!

Way to go Don. I hope you have the site backed-up.

This is really useless now like a silly Bluray disc that needs silly firmware to make the disc run! What in the blazes have you done to the site Don?

Please can we have the old site back!

Sounds like you have connectivity issues on your own, Ash, the site is no slower here than it was before. But - you've struggled with PC problems a few times , as I recall.
    Anyway, the pages here loaded very quickly, and in the space of 5 minutes I went through 6 or 8 updated threads, replied to you, and now I'm ready to run and start dinner.

Good luck to you - but I don't think the problems you see are due to the lansing forum.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information