Hi all - my first post as a new member, long time JBL listener. I have a pair of great sounding L88's - the original model with the dark gray woofer cones. These cones are in excellent condition, but with one caveat: one woofer has 4 very small scrapes visible on the front of the cone - not the surround - and I am wondering about the need to 'touch them up', and what to use. Three are 1/16" and the fourth is approx 1/8", all within a 1" radius of each other, and about 1/2" away from the edge of the center mesh dome. These are NOT punctures, or cuts, or tears, but rather little spots where the dark coating or treatment has been nicked off, exposing a white surface underneath. The edges of the nicks do not appear to be loose or lifting. The SURROUNDS AND DOMES are PERFECT.

I just found them, and I need to know how to deal with it. My son borrowed them, (that won't happen again) so I don't know how it happened, but clearly this was a disaster narrowly avoided!

What can I use? Silicone? A rigid glue? Egg yolk? Voodoo?

I understand there is a product called MOD PODGE used to coat/treat/alter speaker cones - would this be appropriate for a touch-up?

I can use an artist's brush - one of the tools in my trade.

Thanks for listening.

arby55