Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dust Cap Glue Line

and it worked!!

My vacuum for the theater room has a wand with a variable valve adjustment (a smaller Dirt Devil). I wet the cone with a sponge, and then as I ramped up the vacuum level..it grabbed first one section pulling it out perfectly, I repeated this about 4 or 5 more times. You can tell it was ever pushed in. I'll post a picture after it dries, but voila it worked!
    Thanks Audiohack!

I was careful to open the wand valve slowly and turned it on and off as I moved over the spot. The other places I had found about this method all concurred on one thing; dont place the hose over the cone with the vacuum on high; but try to use a proportioning valve. That said, the method works like a top.
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Thanks Audiohack!
    As much as I like to help it wasn't me, thanks goes to BMWCCA.

Good idea for sure.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by lgvenable View Post
    I was careful to open the wand valve slowly and turned it on and off as I moved over the spot. The other places I had found about this method all concurred on one thing; dont place the hose over the cone with the vacuum on high; but try to use a proportioning valve. That said, the method works like a top.
    Great! I assumed anyone here would take normal care and precaution and proceed with the least invasive method first, ie. not running the vacuum full-out, but modulating the suction either with an adjustable control like yours, or by using an appropriate adapter tool on the vacuum. It goes without saying to bring the suction to the cone slowly and carefully while supporting the cone gently with your fingers. You don't want to suck the entire cone beyond its normal extension!

I used a mist-sprayer bottle instead of a sponge but its nice to know something else that worked. Once dry, there seems to be no change in the material as long as you've been moderate in how damp you made the dome.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information