Hi-

I picked up a nice pair of L100's last month, alnico with the orange ring tweeter. I never knew speakers could sound so good! I drive them with a Marantz 250m power amp. I did lots of research here, thanks to the all the forums members for the great posts!

I'm adding a second set of speakers for the back half of my photo studio. Right now, they are the speakers 'b' on the same amp, but will eventually have their own Marantz 510m power amp driving them.

I just got some nice L150's, recently re-foamed. I was a bit disappointed by the sound, not nearly as deep and punchy as my L100's. In fact, they sound a bit lifeless. Is placement really critical with these? The L150's stand on the floor, one is near a corner. I have my L100's hung up high near the exposed roof rafters along a straight wall, no corners nearby , and they sound fantastic.

I was considering switching to a pair of L112's instead, mounting those up high, hoping they are closer in sound to the L110's. I aso see the comparable studio monitor, the 4411, but those are only rated at 150watts, half that of the L112's.

Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated!