Thread: JBL L15 vs L26 vs L60T

Question JBL L15 vs L26 vs L60T

Hello i would like to have your opinion on this 3 speakers. I actually have the opportunite to buy on of them, the 3 are a the same price and in the same condition (pretty well). I would like to know which one you would recomand.. I listen all kind of music, and i actually have a rotel rb-850 and rc-850
    Thank you in advance

OK...the 3 that you are comparing are really 3 very different speakers....I think the L15 is oldest/smallest ...the L60T is a tower with the best tweeter of the bunch....the L26 has a 10 inch woofer...the largest of the bunch..and really is a bookshelf type.

search the forum on L60T....one well respected owner does not really care for them , and they usually sell for not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    I thought the 60t were poor no matter the price so I would rate those on the not worth it side

Mark
    the L60T does not have "brilliance" control of the tweeter, the L26 does. So if you are in a hot room , with bare floors & windows...the 035ti may be too bright as it brother in the L80T sometimes is. Some members here have taken to moving the port on the 60T to try to improve them.

The L26 is real veneer (usually oak) , but the L60/80/100T's have what a former employee called "spaghetti wood" ..a processed product with grain later applied. It seems to chip very easily , especially around the back edges. I was unable to get oil to soak into my L80T's.

In my market the L60T is usually in the $75-100 range..the L26 in the $125-140 range..have never seen an L15 for sale around here.

My pick of the 3 choices is the L26 ....I've owned 4 pairs and use 1 pair daily ....I think they have the highest value of the 3 , but you have to decide ...go audition them, its fun.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Go for the L60T's.

The Tweeter on the L26's is not very great IMO (great for it's time just not great compared to anything else JBL made), especially given the greater range it has to cover with the lack of a midrange.

The L15's are nice but the only speaker they would be comparable to IMO in the titanium line would be the L20T's, the L60T's should be better in just about every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    ...the L60T's should be better in just about every way.
    You would think, wouldn't you? But Seawolf's First Law of Overachieving JBLs says otherwise, and the experiences of several others here would support their being enamored by the baby L20t and underwhelmed by the larger L60T. :dont-know
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I have heart the L15 and L26. The L15 has a well definition of sound in all frequencys. Event if the bass on the L26 are far better, in the medium and high frequencys there aren't good as the L15. I havent heart the L60T sow i can tell how it would be. Chris Brown you really think the L60t is better than the L15?
    I just reheart the L15, is amazing the power they can eat. I use a rotel rb+rc 850 and i can put the sound at maximum the still run well. ( They are true JBLs the like to have a lot of amperage

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_sensible View Post
    I have heart the L15 and L26. The L15 has a well definition of sound in all frequencys. Event if the bass on the L26 are far better, in the medium and high frequencys there aren't good as the L15. I haven't heart the L60T sow i can tell how it would be. Chris Brown you really think the L60t is better than the L15?
    I just reheart the L15, is amazing the power they can eat. I use a rotel rb+rc 850 and i can put the sound at maximum the still run well. ( They are true JBLs the like to have a lot of amperage
    Well, when I was selling my JBL/UREI amps a while back, I rolled my L200s out of the living room and put my L26s in place - they sounded good with the 6230 as well as with the 6260 amp - they seemed real happy with both those amps and were amazing! They just ate up the power!

I never put the L60Ts I had on those amps, but on the Yamaha CR 2020 and on the Carver receiver, the L60Ts just didn't impress me ...

Never had a set of L15s ... so I can't speak to them.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The L26 tech sheet shows : if the Le25-2 is NLA , replace with 035tia , that mite be an interesting experiment.

Isnt the L15 the consumer version of the 4301 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Isnt the L15 the consumer version of the 4301 ?

They are the 4401 consumer version. Same tweeter and bommer

yeah, way old thread ..so what ?

to add to the above thread, the L60's were superior in one respect.

To me they weren't even worth refoaming , so I dismantled them for drivers.

BUT the MDF slab sides & back were nice for covering the attic rafters for making a storage platform. (and I think the binding posts may have gotten saved)

found this old thread while checking to see if it was worth the effort to haul out the L-15's.

Funny , I have L26's with 044ti's in them.
    They sound great if somewhat emphasized in some areas

Oh , forgot to mention I put the new tweets in.

Thread Information