Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing with Cosmos’ new horns – WOW

Talking about craziness in subs, as always I get side tracked when on the computer. I was at parts express and was looking at these o' TC subs. I watched the video on them and they look really big and really expensive . I still like my altec 18s

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...ge+Flash+Panel

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1RIMfzCxXM

Man that 85 DB and 500-2000 watt peak is going to be great for my tube amp! lol

You need 18" sub drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by djnagle View Post
    Agreed Widget and Progneta. I have Martin Logan 12" sub drivers that ML uses in their $140,000.00 TOTL system. They are in the corner cabs and are driven by BASH 300 plate amps.

I use JBL 15" drivers for midbass, so I consider 12" subwoofers a bit incapable of keeping up with high-efficiency main speaker system. You need something with more cone area like an 18" sub!

I do have 12" subwoofers, but they are more for entertainment than serious subwoofer duty!

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    I use JBL 15" drivers for midbass, so I consider 12" subwoofers a bit incapable of keeping up with high-efficiency main speaker system. You need something with more cone area like an 18" sub!

I do have 12" subwoofers, but they are more for entertainment than serious subwoofer duty!

Regards, Ron
    I agree...Nothing like a good o' 18 incher firing away in a nice big tuned cab!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    One of the benefits of separate subs is just that flexibility... I would keep them separate.

$140K my ass... you obviously need some proper JBL subs.

Widget
    Yep, the JBL gods are going to rain crap on my head....won't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post

Regards, Ron
    I really do not find the 12" lacking at all, however, it is just filling in the bottom end of the 2225. I also run 2 more cheap-O subs in the back of the room to smooth the peaks and valleys. I run then at half the volume and it seems to work in my room. But yes, if someone was to offer me a pair of 2245s, I'd go for it. Before I do that, I should really find a job.

Quote Originally Posted by djnagle View Post
    Before I do that, I should really find a job.
    Novel idea that... Good luck with that.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Novel idea that... Good luck with that.

Widget
    Thanks Widget. I actually am a consultant, so I need to find clients vs. a job. Metro Detroit has been hit hard but is starting to come back. Cross my fingers.

Thread Information