Thread: JBL Array 1000 vs 1400

JBL Array 1000 vs 1400

Why does/did not the JBL 1000's get press like the 1400's did? I bought and own a pair of 1000's that I have for sale right now. I used them in my system for 6 months and loved them. I replaced them with the much review and liked 1400's that I got a great deal on. In my opinion and some of my friends the 1000's our at least 90% in sound of what the 1400's are. I could easily listen and keep the 1000's if I wanted to get rid off the 1400's. That is how good I think they are. I had an add on Audigon a few months ago and now adds on AudioMart, Audio Assylum, and our Market Place here again rigth now but do not seem to get much response. I know from friends who have sold their 1400's they get lots of attention and then sale. Is it just the lack of press and reviews from the almighty rags!

What makes some products run away bestsellers and others disappear from the marketplace hardly making a ripple in the pond?

I, like most of us, have never heard the 1000 Arrays. Unfortunately with the rather poor marketing done by Harman with their high end products it's not that much of a surprise your speakers are "sleepers".

Since you own both, perhaps you can give us a mini review comparing the two speakers and possibly even comparing them with other speakers you've had.

Widget

I can only speak for myself, but is seems most folks searching in the Array food chain are less concerned about price and more concerned about getting best performance. The 1000 doesn't really offer a big enough price drop to overcome that. There are 800s around that are priced as high as what I paid for my 1400.

Anyway, in this performance class you expect to see a considerable price difference to gain that extra 10% of performance.
    I'd keep the 1000 and use them as surrounds.

Thread Information