Thread: Rca Mi9584

Rca Mi9584

How does these RCA Mi9584 midrange drivers compare with western electric in sound and is it possible to convert these to field coils

Depends on what you want.

They are a very capable HF for any system.Have an uncanny ability with the female voice.Listen to any June Christie recordings from the late 50's and you'll see what I mean.They DO NOT roll off at 8Khz as every one has told.The RCA Stereoscope system that included them was designed to start to roll off at 7Khz as most people thought the audible hiss from the playback pre-amps was objectionable,so a rolloff was designed into the electronics to make it pleasing to the theater going public.They are actually good to over 12Khz on axis but the simple phasing plug starts to cause pattern collapse at 10k.That is,they start to beam(dispersion pattern gets narrow) as you go over 10k.A super tweet above helps a bit but may not be necessary,again,Depends what you want from your system!Personally,I love to hear chicks sing.Janis,Bessie,Whitney,Diana R.,Joss,Genya Ravan,Lydia Pense,Christina,June,Miss Peggy Lee........I love them all. Charlie B.

Quote Originally Posted by MI-9448 View Post
    I love to hear chicks sing.Janis,Bessie,Whitney,Diana R.,Joss,Genya Ravan,Lydia Pense,Christina,June,Miss Peggy Lee........I love them all. Charlie B.
    agree...tho I never got on the Diana Krall bandwagon...Lydia Pense (Cold Blood) is fantastic ....also Julie Driscoll from the 70's....WOW.

A friend pointed out Julie's version of "Light my Fire" ....she holds the last FIRE forever...
    see it here....weird vid where she keeps morphing into Jim Morrison and back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4QNiTud5XY

and this rather bizarre 1968 Season of the Witch with Julie in a shag rug coat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpizS9h-1Xk

and This Wheel's On Fire (1968)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7sQvBkcJdY

Oh yea...cant forget Linda Rhonstadt (and Peggy Lee's FEVER )
    & Marianne Faithfull . Dionne Warwick and Dusty Springfield....
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by MI-9448 View Post
    They are a very capable HF for any system.Have an uncanny ability with the female voice.Depends what you want from your system!Personally,I love to hear chicks sing.Janis,Bessie,Whitney,Diana R.,Joss,Genya Ravan,Lydia Pense,Christina,June,Miss Peggy Lee........I love them all. Charlie B.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    agree...tho I never got on the Diana Krall bandwagon...Lydia Pense (Cold Blood) is fantastic ....also Julie Driscoll from the 70's....WOW.
    Oh yea...cant forget Linda Rhonstadt (and Peggy Lee's FEVER )
    & Marianne Faithfull . Dionne Warwick and Dusty Springfield....
    Nah, not Diana K - MI-9448 said Diana R - prolly Diana ROSS ... especially in the company of Janis (Joplin) Joss (Stone) - and of course, Big Mama Thornton ...HER version of Ball'n'Chain flat knocks me down ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Nah, not Diana K - MI-9448 said Diana R - prolly Diana ROSS ... .
    yes, I knew that....was oblique comment as DK seems to be everywhere. shes like Julie London 2.0
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Hi, new here from Australia and although its an pretty old post but I am looking for fashionable shag rug coat and its not in the market even hard to find the shaggy rug from Brisbane, any help or idea?
    Buy online Arte Espina Rugs for kids room decor in Australia.

Is that a euphemism for something?

Thread Information