+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: 100 kg bass compression driver

  1. #31
    Senior Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,402
    YGoh, Kevin Brooks can be reached at: brooksaudio*(at)*hotmail.com (remove the stars and parentheses, use @).

    Yes, it is a cruel twist of fate that these otherwise most perfect reproduction devices have long arrival time delays. Some choose to ignore and tolerate them, while others correct them with digital devices. The DEQX unit does the best job I know of correcting the errors with the least degradation of the signal.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    ....Yes, it is a cruel twist of fate that these otherwise most perfect reproduction devices have long arrival time delays. Some choose to ignore and tolerate them, while others correct them with digital devices. The DEQX unit does the best job I know of correcting the errors with the least degradation of the signal.
    Thanks Steve....

    1.) Can a digital delay in one of the channel degrade the sound?

    2.) Do you still makes horn for different?

    2a.) If so, then which shape do you think gives the least harmonic distortion? it's circular or the rectangular cross section?

    Thank you

  3. #33
    Senior Member rs237's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    398
    Hello Steve,

    The problem is already at a relatively small horn like my Hartsfield. The woofer has a delay to the Mid-Horn of 3,56 mSec .

    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...924#post200924

    post 74.

    My question, there is no passive crossover with a delay for the midrange and tweeters? I know only the Time Align crossover from Urei, but delayed the bass.

    regards
    juergen

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rs237 View Post
    Hello Steve,

    The problem is already at a relatively small horn like my Hartsfield. The woofer has a delay to the Mid-Horn of 3,56 mSec .

    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...924#post200924

    post 74.

    My question, there is no passive crossover with a delay for the midrange and tweeters? I know only the Time Align crossover from Urei, but delayed the bass.

    regards
    juergen
    How about using digital crossover delay with high sampling rates, such as >192kHz?

  5. #35
    Senior Member rs237's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    398
    Hello YGo,

    Certainly not cheap. Furthermore, I would Hartsfield with one (not three) tube amplifiers driven.

    regards
    juergen

  6. #36
    JBL 4645
    Guest
    The large horn looks like a JBL 2392.

    http://www.jblpro.com/pages/components/23929394.htm



  7. #37
    Senior Member stephane RAME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Haut de seine - FRANCE
    Posts
    592

    ALE 160D

    ALE 160D
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane RAME View Post
    ALE 160D
    Is this your system?

    Are these all GOTO or ALE system?

  9. #39
    Senior Member stephane RAME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Haut de seine - FRANCE
    Posts
    592

  10. #40

  11. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    YGoh, Kevin Brooks can be reached at: brooksaudio*(at)*hotmail.com (remove the stars and parentheses, use @)........
    Thank you Steve. I have some questions about your driver as I need 5 bass horn for my front channels. You can email at yg*at*gmgav.com

  12. #42
    Senior Member stephane RAME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Haut de seine - FRANCE
    Posts
    592

    The ALE 160D against GOTO SG146LD4

    http://www.aca.gr/pop_goto_ale.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  13. #43

  14. #44
    Member KCCT82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong, Westlake Village, Qingdao
    Posts
    76
    Hey guys, I just found this site recently. If Kevin Brooks is ALE's U.S. dealer, then who is this...?

    http://www.aleacousticsusa.com/catalog/
    Keith

  15. #45
    Senior Member jcrobso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,103

    Folded bass horns.

    It is easy to see why most bass horns are folded, even then they are large. John

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. List of JBL info
    By Donald in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:17 AM
  2. Compression Driver Diaphragm Longevity
    By Techbot in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:54 PM
  3. Amp for bass driver
    By Ken Schwarz in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:26 PM
  4. 4345 Crossover with an 8 ohm Compression driver???
    By Robh3606 in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts