Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: L-100 fund raiser project

Here is the back of the emblem. I fooled with it for a while, I couldnt decide how they are supposed to attatch at first. I decided not to cut a square out of the foam, I just pushed the pin of the emblem through the foam, added a homemade washer, and the retainer. It is just squeezing the foam under the emblem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here it is from the front. Poor focus, sorry.
    Better pictures are coming later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How are they attached?

The logo was held in place on the foam grills of L88 Plus and L100's by the MIRACLE of VELCRO, a small piece was attached to the back of the logo and if you turned them on their side you turned the logo to match. Have a friend that has both that's how I know.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Obsolete

Re: How are they attached?

Originally posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    The logo was held in place on the foam grills of L88 Plus and L100's by the MIRACLE of VELCRO, a small piece was attached to the back of the logo and if you turned them on their side you turned the logo to match. Have a friend that has both that's how I know.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    Oops! That's right! Send the three I sent you back and I'll send you the velcro ones. Please don't break off the posts!

WOW those are sure looking sweet. The craftsmanship is superb and the attention to detail beyond reproach. KUDOS!

OK, I'm ready to send money....just waiting.

"Send the three I sent you back and I'll send you the velcro ones"

Nope, too late. There is no way to get the emblem off of the grille without tearing a big hole in the grille foam, it is glued, and the glue has been setting up overnight. It has to stay just like it is.
    It looks good, so I'm not worried about it.
    I could send back the one extra emblem if you want, it was nice to have the extra, but it looks like I wont be needing it.

Obsolete
    No, don't bother, keep it. Those were the only three I had with the extra long posts. I never use that particular post size.

Emblems

Are the old style JBL emblems, the non-post variety used on the L100 still available from JBL? Is there a prt number?

Obsolete

Re: Emblems

Originally posted by droh
    Are the old style JBL emblems, the non-post variety used on the L100 still available from JBL? Is there a prt number?
    The last time I checked the emblems were NLA. I never use the velcro backed emblems so if you need some I can count how many I have and hook you up. I figure with the current eBay price of $1,000 for a pair of L100's the emblems are worth at least $998 for a pair.

OMG! I am sooo funny!

I'll give you that if it has the original parts sleeve!

Re: How are they attached?

Originally posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    ... Have a friend that has both that's how I know.
    Liar! You have at LEAST two pairs of L100's, I'm guessing!! Westlakes, indeed!!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Did you get the pegs back yet Don? They should come today via UPS at the latest if you didn't get them yet.

Velcro makes a special one piece, self stick hook tape specifically for attaching grille foam which I stock. This would be best for attaching name plates if glue is not your choice.

When gluing grilles to frames, you should always keep the grilles face up to prevent any glue from dripping down through the foam.
    Glad it wasn't a problem in this case! That type contact cement is all I've ever found that worked for really attaching/gluing foam. Spray foam adhesives I've tried (including industrial) work poorly.

Working on making some L100 frames - they're really not too hard to make...IF you have the time - I'm weeks behind on orders and in the process of moving too...

Re: Re: Emblems

Originally posted by Giskard
    The last time I checked the emblems were NLA. I never use the velcro backed emblems so if you need some I can count how many I have and hook you up. I figure with the current eBay price of $1,000 for a pair of L100's the emblems are worth at least $998 for a pair.

OMG! I am sooo funny!
    What a generous offer Giskard, do those emblems have some controversial cabinets and drivers attached to the back? Oh no they couldn't the foam in between would have rotted away by now.

But seriously I would be interested in buying a couple of pair if you have them. And if you have a part number who knows, maybe they will show up again on the parts list.

Obsolete

Re: Re: Re: Emblems

Originally posted by droh
    What a generous offer Giskard, do those emblems have some controversial cabinets and drivers attached to the back? Oh no they couldn't the foam in between would have rotted away by now.

But seriously I would be interested in buying a couple of pair if you have them. And if you have a part number who knows, maybe they will show up again on the parts list.
    No, no, no. No controversial cabinets and drivers attached. Those got booted off a cliff right after salvaging the emblems. (For those who care, they didn't bounce.)

I have two with the velcro still attached and two that need velcro glued back on. The price is free if you PM me with your address.

Thread Information