Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfshead's Hartsfield

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Some speaker systems were well done using fine premium woods in various decor. The dog chewed up my 1964 JBL catalog , which listed JBL speakers in different decorative styles.
    Well I guess this is what happens when you, don’t feed the dog!

I like to keep old catalogues around for reference and just browsing though now and then.

So

The cabinets were far from cheap and was an asset in anyone's living room. As for as outmoded , due to the cost of premium woods today it just isn't practical , example an inexpensive AR4ax was finished in oiled
    walnut veneer price $79.00 ! impossible today due to the price of premium
    woods.
    Ho ho!
    I was referring to the mirrored lid over your turntable, The Hartsfields are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    Ho ho!
    I was referring to the mirrored lid over your turntable, The Hartsfields are beautiful.
    I pointed out in my previous post , the mirrow was an example of the same cabinet displayed in a HI-Fi Stereo Review installation using a mirrow attached to the lid to better display the turntable.

It does an excellent job of displaying a very beautiful turntable . The table was located in the cabinet on a separate shelf, when not in use the lid being closed displayed a beautiful piece of furnture.

Hi-Fi Stereo Riview at one time published a separate magazine displaying different audio installations through out the country.
    Here in St.Louis Lloyd Smith's audio system was displayed as the "Installation of the Month "
    His speakers were Classic Bozak Concert Grands recessed in a wall in his living room.
    There were several installations of JBL's featuring JBL Delphi Equipment cabinets with
    matching Sovereign speakers. The Paragon was featured many times with
    a number of differernt ideas in decor.

Maron Horonzakz
    Yes the JBL Delphi equipment cabinet had 3 flip up lids.. and a space for a TT,, Preamp and tuner faced up,, Good design,, John Marshal had one on display,,Sold in one week,,i think it sold to Earl Heller..He had a pair of Olympus matching speakers..

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Its not at ALL Tom's style ...
    he rides bicycles, not buses, remember?
    Heather speaks the truth.....although I have a BMW540i and newish truck, riding bike is preferred as it is therapy on my nasty ankle. The only other non-destructive exercise for the injury is swimming.

BUT , once I started riding again, it became addictive..it also keeps my weight down and helps the recently stented cardio system.

Because Portland is a very green city, biking is very popular and "IN"

__________________________________________________ __

funny how every thread wolf shead starts turns into the same thing ??
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Heather speaks the truth.....although I have a BMW540i and newish truck, riding bike is preferred as it is therapy on my nasty ankle. The only other non-destructive exercise for the injury is swimming.

BUT , once I started riding again, it became addictive..it also keeps my weight down and helps the recently stented cardio system.

Because Portland is a very green city, biking is very popular and "IN"
    Mr. Seawolf we do have something in common , my wife drives a BMW545
    and I attended elementary school in Portland , Holiday I think , back in 1946. I also ride a bike , both inside and outside.
    I assume there still is the Rose Parade. Portland is a beautiful city , I have several cousins living there. Small world .

and I attended elementary school in Portland , Holiday I think , back in 1946. I also ride a bike , both inside and outside.
    I assume there still is the Rose Parade. Portland is a beautiful city , I have several cousins living there. Small world .
    I grew up in Santa Barbara, but left for the Navy in '68...when they released me in '72 , I moved to Portland...been here ever since.

there are at least 9 thrift stores within my bike riding radius, and I'm trying to rebuild my vinyl collection ....so a 7-10 mile "Tour de Thrifts" with a lunch thrown is an enjoyable day for a long retired geezer.

The reason that I'm critical of bad photography is that I've been immersed in production for years....Had a darkroom in HS and was photo-chief for school paper & yearbook , then as "combat camera" for the Navy and still shoot extensively for personal pleasure..most any camera/phone can do OK in the hands of someone who cares about picture quality.

JBL 4645
    Mr. Seawolf we do have something in common , my wife drives a BMW545
    Round 5!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm straddling the vintage and modern camps...I drive a BMW convertible, but it's a '92 318i.

Obsolete
    funny how every thread wolf shead starts turns into the same thing ??
    I've not been paying that much attention. I guess I'm slacking.
    IHi-Fi Stereo Riview at one time published a separate magazine displaying different audio installations through out the country. Here in St.Louis Lloyd Smith's audio system was displayed as the "Installation of the Month "
    His speakers were Classic Bozak Concert Grands recessed in a wall in his living room.
    I did an installation once where I built a pair of Concert Grands and a pair of 4343's into a wall along with a projection screen and all the audio/video gear. It was quite interesting.

Originally Posted by cooky1257
    Is there any posibilty you could refrain from loading every post with infantile emoticons and movie stills? FFS Ashley you're British! show some restraint

Is there something stronger than just IGNORE ???
    So you can't see that they've even posted ?

JBL 4645
    __________________________________________________ __

[/I]funny how every thread wolf shead starts turns into the same thing ??
    Kinder like Thing Dog in The Thing huh.

[/I]Is there something stronger than just IGNORE ???
    So you can't see that they've even posted ?
    Try these! Take 10 and you'll be knocked out for the rest of the night!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Its great to see my Late Fathers Turntable still in use today ! Its just got a place in a major exhibit at MoMA New York .

I was given the same name as my Father David Gammon,I love this web site and visit often.

I rarely post here, but I hope some people would be a little more polite about harrassing folks, especially newbies and people who are justifiably proud of nice setups.

Picking on Wolfshead because he uses a phone camera? Give me a break
    He has the gear, he earned the money and bought it the hard way, new, back in the day, and he worked his ass off to keep it all these years.

Sometimes the old folks bruise a few egos and step on toes, but they also lived and experienced stuff we can only dream about, and they may not be the most delicate when they write. I enjoy hearing Wolfshead just as much as Harvey. In a few years more than half of their remaining generation will be gone, so I'd rather listen with muted respect than antagonize and fight to prove you are a righter and smarter person. My two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
    He has the gear, he earned the money and bought it the hard way, new, back in the day, and he worked his ass off to keep it all these years.
    hhmmm, thats not what wolfshead himself says:

Originally Posted by wolfshead
    I was able to purchase my hartsfield because the original owner's wife was redecorating her house and the Hartsfield had to go including his McIntosh , amps and Thorens tt.
    I bought all of his hi-fi equipment for less than $1500 ! little did he know.
    But than he was quite wealthy and really didn't need the money.
    I sold the Mac's and the TT.

Thread Information