Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfshead's Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Are you aware of the beauty of the Barzalay cabinets ? The table is tucked away and when needed , the lid is open and the table is revealed .
    A mirror is on the lid to better reveal the table.
    An idea in an earlier High Fi Stereo Review decor magazine.
    Wolf, but regardless of the beauty of the cabinet, it is still better, to play records with the cover completely removed, IMHO.

No disrespect, but, do you actually listen to music on your system, or is it furniture to look at? I am asking seriously, only because from the way you speak, I am not sure if you use your system, or it is fine furniture.
    scottyj

As a matter of fact , one of my choices was Bozak Concert Grands , Bozak builds a beautiful speaker in a classic design, which would be
    an asset in any living room. Of course the speakers are excellent.

Would I sell them today , no , I have had them for over 40 years , their like old friends.
    I have heard rumor the Bozak cabinets had a bit of flex in them. Rumor has it that IF the cabinets flexed, `Ol Rudy knew about it. Musta been a reason.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    Yeah, it is, but IF you really play any records, it would be best to remove the cover, altogether.
    I don't usually play LP'S. I listen to XM and CD's through that system and occasionally to the Revox using the 10 inch reels.

When I listen to a LP it is generally played on my Thorens TT , even than the Thorens is used mainly to help in the converting of LP's to CD's
    saving my collection of LP's. The speakers in that system are AR3a's.

When in use I simply lift the lid and play the record. HiFi Fo Fum did an excellent job here in St.Louis of installing the audio equipment in the cabinet. They also refinished the Hartsfields in walnut veneer.

Much like the original owner my wife also is not interested in her living room looking like an audio shop.
    I went to a spent time and trouble to see to it that did not happen.
    HiFi Stereo Review published examples of the intergration of an audio system into home decor. "The installation of the month". There were
    some outstanding examples.

I have heard rumor the Bozak cabinets had a bit of flex in them. Rumor has it that IF the cabinets flexed, `Ol Rudy knew about it. Musta been a reason.
    Not true Bozak's cabinet construction was outstanding , the equal to any speaker cabinet on the market.
    I built a Bozak cabinet from a kit and installed the Lansing 001 speaker
    system in it.

Bozak's were outstanding speakers very different from JBL's. Bozak much as Lansing found themselves facing a different market and like many speaker manufactures was either sold or went out of business , few survived.

Now the Thorens is a table I know and like.

Well, to each their own. You have the Harstfield as a decorative addition to your home, I have my systems to listen to music.

We are very different, to you it's all about the financial value of the system, for me, it is how it sounds!

Anyway, good luck, and there's really no need for any more conversation between you and I. enjoy the monetary value and worth of your prizes!
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    fools ? Hey..I think your pix suck too...plse lump me with Phil on this one...since you are apparently a multi-millionaire , a real digital camera is not out of your reach....or provide an address and I'll send one of my old ones...

I am envious of someone who can be so successful with only a 6th grade grammar/spelling ability.
    Grow up ! If you don't like the photo's don't look at them. Your language
    reflects your etiquette. You can do better than that.

Now the Thorens is a table I know and like.

Well, to each their own. You have the Harstfield as a decorative addition to your home, I have my systems to listen to music.

We are very different, to you it's all about the financial value of the system, for me, it is how it sounds!

Anyway, good luck, and there's really no need for any more conversation between you and I. enjoy the monetary value and worth of your prizes!
    Again you are doing an analysis. You don't know me well enough to draw that conclusion. Hartsfields are not decorative , Patricians , Imperials , Concert
    Grands and Churchills are far more decorative.
    I don't have the largest in St.Louis but my record collection is very extensive. My interest is music , my hobby was audio.
    Good luck to you !

Gentleman...can't we all just get along?

Off subject what convertable BMW do you own ? This site discusses JBL Heritage , The Hartsfield's are the speakers that saved JBL.
    Since you asked so nicely...

Of my six BMW convertibles, three are convertible models of the car that saved BMW on December 9, 1959. How's that for relevance?

I always figured the D130 was the speaker that saved JBL...
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Barzlay is a beautiful black walnut cabinet of classic design when closed it adds to the decor of a room. It prevents a living room from looking like an
    audio shop.
    OK I've resisted thus far but I'll bite...You profess to enjoy/possess an eye for design and quality.
    That $5 musical box aesthetic is just naff (Brit slang; unstylish, cheap, cliched, outmoded)
    and a travesty imo.

JBL 4645
    Grow up ! If you don't like the photo's don't look at them. Your language
    reflects your etiquette. You can do better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    fools ? Hey..I think your pix suck too...plse lump me with Phil on this one...since you are apparently a multi-millionaire , a real digital camera is not out of your reach....or provide an address and I'll send one of my old ones...

I am envious of someone who can be so successful with only a 6th grade grammar/spelling ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cogley View Post
    Gentleman...can't we all just get along?
    I think there is certain degree of positive and negative human paranoia going around the boards as of late.

I’m not happy at seeing this its slowly becoming like AVS!

I’ve thrown my weight around on a number of occasions not to prod of it now.

Now seawolf97 is going off on one man crusade.

I was wonder is this you Tom?

Graphic Video: AC Transit Bus Fight w/ Epic Beard Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UaVf...eature=related

AC TRANSIT BUS FIGHT (the clip you didnt see)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fnjFVPCek
    EPIC BEARD MAN TOMMY SLICK TOM BRUSO THOMAS ALEXANDER BRUSO AC TRANSIT BUS FIGHT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aB4AnKq1s

Please calm down, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Now seawolf97 is going off on one man crusade.

I was wonder is this you Tom?

Graphic Video: AC Transit Bus Fight w/ Epic Beard Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UaVf...eature=related

AC TRANSIT BUS FIGHT (the clip you didnt see)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fnjFVPCek
    EPIC BEARD MAN TOMMY SLICK TOM BRUSO THOMAS ALEXANDER BRUSO AC TRANSIT BUS FIGHT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aB4AnKq1s

Please calm down, calm down.
    Puhlease - no doubt that bearded guy is the wrong part of town, if not the wrong part of the country ...
    Its not at ALL Tom's style ...
    he rides bicycles, not buses, remember?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Maron Horonzakz
    If any one else has a copy of SPEAKER ENCLOSURES by Alexis Badmaieff and Don Davis,,Shows seven photos supplied by R.T. Bozak Mfg. Co. showing construstion and stiffener and cross bracing plus sound-damping. Also R. Bozak made his own cones for his woofers, JBL outsourced the cones.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Puhlease - no doubt that bearded guy is the wrong part of town, if not the wrong part of the country ...
    Its not at ALL Tom's style ...
    he rides bicycles, not buses, remember?
    LOL I thought he was mode for all transports?
    Still that, kinder shows the way society has been modelled into this now cultural behaviour where we lash out and attack.

It doesn’t have to be this way. There is still hope for a turn-around.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    OK I've resisted thus far but I'll bite...You profess to enjoy/possess an eye for design and quality.
    That $5 musical box aesthetic is just naff (Brit slang; unstylish, cheap, cliched, outmoded)
    and a travesty imo.
    Some speaker systems were well done using fine premium woods in various decor. The dog chewed up my 1964 JBL catalog , which listed JBL speakers in different decorative styles.

I do have my 1964 Bozak catalog. An example one could purchase Bozak speakers designed in Moorish , Century , Classic , and Modern , with equipment cabinet to match . All in premium woods.

JBL also did the same in their listings. There were cabinet makers such as
    Brazilay which offered fine furniture to compliment speakers in many different designs to suit one's personal taste.

The cabinets were far from cheap and was an asset in anyone's living room. As for as outmoded , due to the cost of premium woods today it just isn't practical , example an inexpensive AR4ax was finished in oiled
    walnut veneer price $79.00 ! impossible today due to the price of premium
    woods.

Thread Information