Thread: 18 Ti

leif

18 Ti

Hello folks,

I`ve been off for a long time, but are "back in business" now.
    In some few days, I will go to pick up a pair of JBL 18Ti. I remember hearing them many years ago (20?), and I was very impressed at that time. Have any of you any experience with these small beauties?

I dont actually know why I buy them, because I am very satisfied with my 4430/B460 but its not often I see them for sale so....

Leif

leif

Blown tweeter

Just before I should go to pick them up, the seller called me and told he had connected them to test them before the sale. He informed that one of the tweeters were out of order. I belive its blown, but am not sure.
    I still bouthg the pair. For a price of about 120 US dollars for a pair, I think it was a good buy.

Now I am home with them, and tomorrow is time to switch tweeters from one to the other speaker, to see if its the tweeter, or if its the cross over network that causes the lack of sound.

Leif

Well I (for what its worth) wish you luck!
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

leif
    I took out the tweeter to swap with the other one. But did not get it disconnected. The wires were stuck to the connection points so hard that I did not want to pull enough in case of making damage.

Anyway, there is a little bit of sound coming from the tweeter, but not a lot. No rattling sound, just lack of treble. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

- EDIT: Something must have happend. They are now working fine!
    And I can just say I am impressed with the sound form those small boxes. Standing next to my 4430 they really are small! And of course they can not compare to the 4430 when it come to deep bass and SPL. But for the price I bought the Ti`s, they were nothing but a bargain!

Why can't you stay off finn.no Leif I was hoping to buy these for my TI collection, but too late since you already had bought them

Thread Information