Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The west coast sound vs the east coast sound.

Interesting mention though, STEINWAY LYNGDORF, of Denamrk!

Their website says they make high end music and home theater systems, they also state the use of DIGITAL amplification!

Amazing, Wolf, you put US down for anything digital, yet support others for digital product use! Wolf, have you actually read the Lyngdorf press release explaining WHAT their concept, and philosophy is? Because THEY ARE BASED IN HIGH END DIGITAL MUSIC AND THEATER SYSTEMS!

BUT, Wolf, IF an iPod, cost $27,995, THEN it would be worthy of Wolf Status, right?

Your so full of yourself.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post

BUT, Wolf, IF an iPod, cost $27,995, THEN it would be worthy of Wolf Status, right?
    Scotty, you're so far behind the times, bro. What about this $230k+ iPod Touch?

http://www.luxist.com/2009/12/05/the...xpensive-ipod/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Interesting mention though, STEINWAY LYNGDORF, of Denamrk!

Their website says they make high end music and home theater systems, they also state the use of DIGITAL amplification!

Amazing, Wolf, you put US down for anything digital, yet support others for digital product use! Wolf, have you actually read the Lyngdorf press release explaining WHAT their concepts, and philosophy is? Because THEY ARE BASED IN HIGH END DIGITAL MUSIC AND THEATER SYSTEMS!

Your so full of yourself.
    I have read the test reports of the Steinway speaker systems in the Robb Report. I don't put anyone down my point is digital vs. analog. I prefer analog.

There is an Iphone that sells for more than $27.000. If I had the money I certainly would buy one.
    Is there anything wrong with preferring the finest ? It is not a matter of status but wishing to own the best one can afford. We are after all is nation bases on individual rights and individual needs.
    What does full of yourself mean ?

Yes, really, BY WHOSE STANDARDS?
    i have never heard them , from the test reports they appear to be outstanding speakers.

You could match that up $235k iPod with this system, and WHOA! buddy, there you go.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ad.php?t=27665
    Out.

Yet another MISINFORMED statement you make!

Bozak mixer? Made in CONNECTICUT! U.S.A.!

ALTEC SPEAKERS, DRIVERS, AND CABINETS? MADE IN U.S.A.! Cali, Baby Cali!

JBL? AGAIN, MADE IN U.S.A? CALI Baby, CALI!

CROWN AMPLIFIERS? MADE IN ELKHART INDIANA, U.S.A!

WHITE INSTRUMENTS? MADE IN TEXAS, U.S.A! YEE HAA!

Urei? MADE IN U.S.A, CALI BABY CALI!

RICHARD LONG AND ASSOCIATES? MADE NOT ONLY IN U.S.A, MADE RIGHT HERE IN NOO YAWK CITAY!

Two TECHNICS TURNATABLES? OH SO SOLLY THESE MADE IN JAPAN!

STANTON CARTRIDGES? AMERICAN MADE, U.S.A! PLAINVEIW NEW YORK!

1979 wasn't AS Japanese as YOU say it was, least not for me. Yes, the big companies were changing, but, they still made great audio gear.
    I have a 1963 Stereo Hi-Fi Directory and the preceding directories leading up to 1970 and beyond. The Directories listed all the audio equipment for that year. By 1970 most of the manufactures of amps , tape recorders ,
    speakers , TT , arms and cartridges had disapeared that were American or had been purchased by larger companies. To note the Japanese didn't really start to appear until the middle 1960's , than very few.

The larger companies was more inclined to look at the bottom line than the earlier audio companies. Remember Ampex , Marantz , Lafayette , Gray , Audio Dynamics , Weathers ,University ,Hartley , Eico , Crown tape decks , Fisher , Bogen , Rek-O-Kut , Fairchild , the list is endless !My first speakers were Stephens , amps Pilot. Stephens was once a speaker company larger than JBL !

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Scotty, you're so far behind the times, bro. What about this $230k+ iPod Touch?

http://www.luxist.com/2009/12/05/the...xpensive-ipod/
    Yeah, Ti, I posted BEFORE I had my 1st cup of coffee.

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I have a 1963 Stereo Hi-Fi Directory and the preceding directories leading up to 1970 and beyond. The Directories listed all the audio equipment for that year. By 1970 most of the manufacturers of amps , tape recorders, speakers , TT , arms and cartridges had disapeared that were American or had been purchased by larger companies. To note the Japanese didn't really start to appear until the middle 1960's, than very few.

The larger companies was more inclined to look at the bottom line than the earlier audio companies. Remember Ampex , Marantz , Lafayette , Gray , Audio Dynamics , Weathers ,University ,Hartley , Eico , Crown tape decks , Fisher , Bogen , Rek-O-Kut , Fairchild , the list is endless !My first speakers were Stephens , amps Pilot. Stephens was once a speaker company larger than JBL !

Your use of language is strange to me now - from whence do you speak?

Full of it basically means you have a huge ego - or, are full of shirt ...
    Even when shown you are wrong you do not admit it and drift a different direction. You continue to speak as if 1950-60 is the be all, end all period of audio, and frankly sir, that is just wrong. You are in a discussion with a large group of folks trying to explain why it is wrong and you continue to not get it. Its like you are just chanting "la-la-la, can't hear you ..." while others have tried to explain the technology and the changes and the improvements to you.

Discussions are pointless when there is no "give and take" between speakers.

You sir, need to find the "whiney old audio forum" where you can rant about the good old days and complain about kilocycles and companies that are gone, and leave these discussions to folks who are able to share and learn
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

i have never heard them , from the test reports they appear to be outstanding speakers.
    Listen up, reviews don't mean JACK SHIT, until you HEAR the products.

If I had a dollar for everything I went to hear, because the review said, that I didn't like!

Your touting a company whose philosophy mirrors many of the same things said here, NEW TECHNOLOGY, with CRAFTSMANSHIP to achieve STELLAR SOUND AND HT SYSTEMS! THEY USE DI-GI-TAL PRODUCTS, DOOD!

And you also say IF an iPod for 27G,s IF you had the money, you would buy one! Why? Because of the price? THIS IS WHY PEOPLE THAT THINK LIKE YOU, GET SCREWED BY CORPORATE AMERICAN COMPANIES! BECAUSE THEY CAN!

WELL, WELL, WELL! After all is said and done, you go from preaching the monetary, and fiscal value of gear, to I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY! You PREACH Patek Phillipe, on a Timex budget!

You realize you destroyed the fraction of a degree of credibility you had?

You never actually heard, but you recommend ardently.

scottyj

I have a 1963 Stereo Hi-Fi Directory ....
    Well, la de dah, la de dah! 1963 you say - well, that's coming up on 50 years ago - wonder what has changed since 1963?
    man on the moon, microprocessors, microwave ovens, radial tires ...

The larger companies was were more inclined to look at the bottom line than the earlier audio companies.
    Most companies that are still in business tend to look at the bottom line ...
    and watch developing trends and technology. The others? Dinosaurs that don't survive.

What about Polaroid?? Innovative cameras - instant images -
    you'd have thought they would have had the market by the tail, but -
    they ignored that new fangled digital camera stuff,
    instead of setting up a department to get a foot in that emerging market and seize the day,
    and now - they are stone cold and gone.
    Polaroid is just another available corporate name for sale to the high bidder.
    A darned shame - another American company without vision, that flat missed the boat.

Age alone is not a guarantee of knowledge, survival or superiority - its just age.

High price alone is not a guarantee of quality or superiority, its just a price.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I have read the test reports of the Steinway speaker systems in the Robb Report. I don't put anyone down my point is digital vs. analog. I prefer analog.

There is an Iphone that sells for more than $27.000. If I had the money I certainly would buy one.
    Is there anything wrong with preferring the finest ? It is not a matter of status but wishing to own the best one can afford. We are after all is nation bases on individual rights and individual needs.
    What does full of yourself mean ?
    That there explains quite a lot. Hopefully that $27K iPhone has an EQ built-in, so you can roll off the highs at ~12K to simulate your Hartsfields for you.

je

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Full of it basically means you have a huge ego - or, >>>>>>>>are full of shirt ...<<<<<<<<

You sir, need to find the "whiney old audio forum" where you can rant about the good old days and complain about kilocycles and companies that are gone, and leave these discussions to folks who are able to share and learn
    www.antiqueaudio.com

Owned by Mr. Jerry Atric.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    That there explains quite a lot. Hopefully that $27K iPhone has an EQ built-in, so you can roll off the highs at ~12K to simulate your Hartsfields for you.

je
    Lake Mesa EQ, no less! GOTS to be in the price range, to be in the neighborhood, YA HEARD!

Oh excuse me, Lake is pro, DEQX is HIGH END CONSUMER! My bad.
    scottyj

www.antiqueaudio.com

Owned by Mr. Jerry Atric.
    I love it- the header shows topic tabs for nothing but digital gear.

je
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, Fred, how about that? Even the elderly like CONVENIENCE and LIGHTWEIGHT!

BET'CHA a few of them doing the NASTY on some CAMMING sites too! You know they are! Wouldn't have been possible if not for DIGITAL!
    scottyj

Thread Information