Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The west coast sound vs the east coast sound.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    That’s not a bad idea you know! Now you’re also on my ignore list! Touché!
    En Garde!

Ash, you've been on my ignore list for years- I still see your posts when others quote them, and as you've seen I often view your posts voluntarily & answer them. Who else will talk about LD players any more? Even TiDome won't admit he spins 'em these days. This approach just makes it much easier to skim through threads for relevant info, without seeing all those blurry pictures of cats with glowing eyes & composite photos of Star Wars characters.

Maybe I'll just use this little smiley whenever I decide to put a new person on my ignore list:

je

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    AHH, so once again, here we go!

OK, this time you agree with some of my thinking and statements, but, after all your windbagging about what is worth what, you by your own statement, admit even you did not PAY the REAL price of admission into the UPPER ECHELON, as it were.

And now you add comments like " he was quite wealthy and really didn't need the money", and you honestly expect people in this forum to take you seriously, and speak with you about audio, with any interest or enthusiasm?

The Patek Philippe you speak of so fervently! Where did you purchase yours? A pawn shop?

Your BMW V12? Police Auction of seized vehicles? :dont-know

Your attitude is quite flippant, and my respect you do not have. And you really need to ask why JBL doesn't make what you think they should? That you would buy it new, for what it really costs is the largest laugh I have had since you joined this forum.

This man demands caviar, at the cost of Bumble Bee tuna!
    There are many ways I can repond to your post. I choose to reframe from
    an analysis of you. I don't think this is the place for that.

You appear unaware of the used market in goods and services. I will leave it at that.
    A pair of used Hartsfield how ever purchased or priceless. I think you know that.
    You can do better than what you are posting.

So now.......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Excellent observation. I was able to purchase my hartsfield because the
    original owner's wife was redecorating her house and the Hartsfield had to
    go including his McIntosh , amps and Thorens tt.
    I bought all of his hi-fi equipment for less than $1500 ! little did he know.
    But than he was quite wealthy and really didn't need the money.
    I sold the Mac's and the TT.
    the Hartsfields stand there motionless to be admired?

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Scott,,,Did you buy your house new...??
    No, but I furnished NEW, and redid the bathrooms NEW!

I buy cars new.

But, Maron, seriously, after all W has spoken of THE FINEST THINGS, and WHAT THEY COST! And HOW he prefers, etc.

What was I supposed to think? That I wasn't talking to Bill Gates? :dont-know
    scottyj

You can do better than what you are posting.
    Can I?

I think your doing exceptionally well for both of us. I am not the one being bragadochio about how much the things I have cost! And yes, I think your very much into labels. If it doesn't have the "right' label, and cost at a certain level.

And in many of your posts, you TELL US how valuable, and WHY you prefer your finest, and then? You been out bargain hunting, you were NOT shopping at the Finest Audio Salons! But you made it sound as though you did.

Maybe Heather was absolutely correct about you! Your full of shirt! Of course, the shirt would be nothing less than an Armani, if this were even to be considered fine enough, which, of course, knowing your standards, surely is not.

Now I think I have a better understanding of why you don't have a room large enough for your TWO Hartsfields to operate properly.

scottyj

Maron Horonzakz
    Scott ,,,No No,, I just wonder,d If you had a large storage area to store your DJ gear,, and if you did any scratch building and cloning of vintage speakers,,... I,m really getting sick of HJAMES chewing on members of this site,, Take a PROZAK and calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Scott ,,,No No,, I just wonder,d If you had a large storage area to store your DJ gear,, and if you did any scratch building and cloning of vintage speakers,,... I,m really getting sick of HJAMES chewing on members of this site,, Take a PROZAK and calm down.
    I have a few storage spaces. It is a necessity. But my main system stays in the bumper car building.

I don't build cabinets. I pay to have them built. I am not a cabinet maker. I know what I am good at, and what I am not. And I do not attempt to do everything! and woodworking is an art and great skill. I know what I like, though!

Prozac? Maron, it's Sunday, and I am home with a day off, can't I have something a bit more Narcotic, please?

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    Can I?

I think your doing exceptionally well for both of us. I am not the one being bragadochio about how much the things I have cost! And yes, I think your very much into labels. If it doesn't have the "right' label, and cost at a certain level.

And in many of your posts, you TELL US how valuable, and WHY you prefer your finest, and then? You been out bargain hunting, you were NOT shopping at the Finest Audio Salons! But you made it sound as though you did.

Maybe Heather was absolutely correct about you! Your full of shirt! Of course, the shirt would be nothing less than an Armani, if this were even to be considered fine enough, which, of course, knowing your standards, surely is not.

Now I think I have a better understanding of why you don't have a room large enough for your TWO Hartsfields to operate properly.

Your personal attacks is out of place. I will attempt to add some sanity to this.
    Stanley Marcus , Former Chairman of Neiman Marcus , when asked about buying new vs buying used answered " Which is it better to buy a new Toyota or a 10 year old Porsche 928 ?, a Toyota is a $20,000 car , the Porsche while 10 years older is a $90,000 car. "

A JBL Hartsfield was the best speaker JBL knew how to build. It was the speaker that made JBL.
    the fact that it was expensive to build and expensive to purchase is a universal fact ! They are rare and expensive today as they were doing production.
    To own a pair of Hartsfield's is no different than owning a Patek Philippe
    watch or a Daytona Ferrari.

When I purchased the Hartsfield's in 1967 , JBL had stopped building Hartsfields , 1964 was the last year of production.. So it was not possible to buy them new in 1967.

A used Rolex is still a Rolex as is a used Marantz Model 9 Power
    amp or a used JBL Paragon.
    Ebay has become a multi-billion dollar corporation selling used items !
    There must be a market for used goods and services.
    Again we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by lansingfan View Post
    the Hartsfields stand there motionless to be admired?
    They can be admired as well as enjoyed listening to. One of the finest speakers systems built. A credit to James B. Lansing !

HeHe...Porsche 928 = $90,000...

Your personal attacks is out of place. I will attempt to add some sanity to this.
    Stanley Marcus , Former Chairman of Neiman Marcus , when asked about buying new vs buying used answered " Which is it better to buy a new Toyota or a 10 year old Porsche 928 ?, a Toyota is a $20,000 car , the Porsche while 10 years older is a $90,000 car. "

A JBL Hartsfield was the best speaker JBL knew how to build. It was the speaker that made JBL.
    the fact that it was expensive to build and expensive to purchase is a universal fact ! They are rare and expensive today as they were doing production.
    When I purchased the Hartsfield's in 1967 , JBL had stopped building Hartsfields , 1964 was the last year of production.. So it was not possible to buy them new in 1967.

I think not

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item2a04f8deac

I am not attacking you, but Wolf your so condescending. Then, you want us to speak to you as if you just became our leader.

If your going to ascend to the throne, can't you at least tell us some things WE DON'T KNOW? PLEASE!

New Toyota or OLDER Porsche? That sir, is up to the individual. And just because Stanley Marcus of Needless Marcup says something, does not make it a constitutional amendment! Quite frankly, I like new cars, myself.

Everything you say, we have covered a thousand times already! WE HONESTLY HAD NO IDEA THAT THE HARTSFIELD EVEN EXISTED UNTIL YOU TOLD US! Let alone that this speaker made the JBL name!

Patek Philippe, and Rolex! Not quite my taste in watches. Hublot is more to my liking.

So, anyway, what in tarnation, does all of this, except the JBL Hartsfields, have to do with West coast sound vs East coast sound?
    scottyj

Have you posted.....

They can be admired as well as enjoyed listening to. One of the finest speakers systems built. A credit to James B. Lansing !
    pictures of yours? I would like some side, top, rear and front views if you don't mind. TIA
    Last edited by lansingfan; 02-28-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: sp

OH NO!

Only ONE of your Hartsfields can be listened to, the other can be admired! Your room is NOT big enough for both of them to play nicely together, you said so!
    scottyj

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    En Garde!

Ash, you've been on my ignore list for years- I still see your posts when others quote them, and as you've seen I often view your posts voluntarily & answer them. Who else will talk about LD players any more? Even TiDome won't admit he spins 'em these days. This approach just makes it much easier to skim through threads for relevant info, without seeing all those blurry pictures of cats with glowing eyes & composite photos of Star Wars characters.

Maybe I'll just use this little smiley whenever I decide to put a new person on my ignore list:

je
    Wow personal attacks about my cat now!

STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF SANFORD!

Oh, and to think I said nice things about your picture taking. I take that back now. You stab me in the back!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    How did all you other folks weather previous storms and brace yourselves through endless nights without this wonderful Ignore List?

je
    Good suggestion...FS .. my new list is a Raiser-ing nicely . I'm going to get the OL an account,
    so I can ignore her too...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information