Thread: L100T Cbinet Grill refinishing

L100T Cbinet Grill refinishing

Hi all, just stepped up to a 25 year old L100T from a CF100. Am needing to refinish the cabinet as it's faded in the areas the grills didnt cover. Also might like to refinish the grills.

I was thinking of refinishing the cabinets to match the espresso pieces in my LR, would this be sacrilege? I also thought of refinishing the grills with an off-white cloth to go with.

Also in need of refoaming the 12" wooferss. I see all kinds of places to buy kits from at ebay, partsexpress, ect, your opinions would be appreciated.

-Mike

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfindermwd View Post
    Hi all, just stepped up to a 25 year old L100T from a CF100. Am needing to refinish the cabinet as it's faded in the areas the grills didnt cover. Also might like to refinish the grills.

I was thinking of refinishing the cabinets to match the espresso pieces in my LR, would this be sacrilege? I also thought of refinishing the grills with an off-white cloth to go with.

Also in need of refoaming the 12" wooferss. I see all kinds of places to buy kits from at ebay, partsexpress, ect, your opinions would be appreciated.

-Mike
    Mike:

Welcome!

You're going to have to put new veneer on the cabinets. As much as I love the performance of the L100T, JBL used a low grade of veneer on those cabinets. It fades, bubbles, chips and peels over time. You'll have to decide if it's worth the investment.

Unless you've installed new surrounds, I would highly recommend they be done by a professional. Each driver will cost around $50, +/- $10.

Enjoy the L100T's!

And no, it would not be sacrilege to refinish them to match the espresso pieces - if you had an in at JBL here in SO CAL you probably could have gotten them made that way. By the way, did you see that Paragon on eBay that was refinished in gloss black? I would do the 100ts up the way you want to.

Thread Information