Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is JBL-4333B "much" better than JBL-4425

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Heck, even my 4345s image perfectly in a room 16-ft x12-feet. They're toed-in slightly ten-feet apart and ten-feet from the listening position.
    Well even though I prefer my quasi-L300s, my 4430s image better. Based on my experience, it is hard for me to believe that the 4345s "image perfectly," or really any better than the quasi-L300s, let alone as well as a pair of 4430s.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Well even though I prefer my quasi-L300s, my 4430s image better. Based on my experience, it is hard for me to believe that the 4345s "image perfectly," or really any better than the quasi-L300s, let alone as well as a pair of 4430s.
    You're probably right; nothing is perfect. I should have said, "Even in my small living room the 4345s produce a realistic soundstage that impresses everyone who listens to them."

My intent was not to compare the 4345s to the 4430s, but instead to suggest the room size should not be the compelling issue leading to replacing 4333s or 4343s with a 4430. Any of those should be capable of producing an enjoyable listening experience in the OP's 16x16 room as my 4345s do in mine.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Have you considered .......

Quote Originally Posted by lolo258 View Post
    Hi, Mr.BMWCCA, please watch the live-DVD "Nights From The Alhambra" of Loreena McKennitt, it will make you fly...

The seller who is selling 4333B is also selling 4345 at the same time, but it's tooooooo big for my home...

Dear Mr.HCSGuy, thank you so much for your reply, you said "the 43xx's have stronger strengths and weaker weaknesses than the 4430's" , I think it's the most precious opinion I have ever seen. Those 4333B speaker is not in the city I live and I have to give up, the reason I give up is the space, the space I have is less than 50cm, and the width of 4333B is 62cm, if I purchase 4333B, I have no place to put my JMLAB AV speaker........

enlarging your room by knocking out a wall or two. This is an addictive, obsessive/compulsive disorder, as you will learn the longer you hang around.

My intent was not to compare the 4345s to the 4430s, but instead to suggest the room size should not be the compelling issue leading to replacing 4333s or 4343s with a 4430. Any of those should be capable of producing an enjoyable listening experience in the OP's 16x16 room as my 4345s do in mine.
    I own both and have to agree. If the bass from the 2231/35 becomes an issue from either, there are ways of dealing with it, such as raising them up off the floor. Many control rooms were no bigger.

See if you can audition the 4333, I think that would "seal the deal"

Quote Originally Posted by lansingfan View Post
    enlarging your room by knocking out a wall or two. This is an addictive, obsessive/compulsive disorder, as you will learn the longer you hang around.
    Hi, most of the people in this world don't have the same living space as you American, and if I knock out my wall, I will live with my ugly neighbor.....

...and if I knock out my wall, I will live with my ugly neighbor.....
    Very funny! You made me laugh.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Hi, most of the people in this world don't have the same living space as you American, and if I knock out my wall, I will live with my ugly neighbor.....
    lolo, your ugly neighbor has informed us that he or she appreciates the wall just as much as you, and would like you to turn down that damn stereo

Very funny! You made me laugh.
    Hi, don't laugh too loud, maybe your ugly neighbor will not happy...

Don't forget to borrow the the live-DVD "Nights From The Alhambra" of Loreena McKennitt from your daughter or just buy a new one, and be sure it's not only a live-CD, please do watch the DVD, it's amazing.....

There is another question , please be patient, thanks.... I have another pairs of 4408 which I put it in my room, it it a good choice if I replace my 4408 to 4312A? is 4312A better than 4408?

Thank you guys.

Thread Information