Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something a little different

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil View Post
    Very nice work Rick. As always! Keep 'em coming.

Johnny
    Hi Johnny - My Norway Sovereign Friend

Thanks for your kind words as always. I've done a couple dozen projects over the past two years but kind of stopped posting all the stuff. I figure they all start looking the same after a while. If members can still benefit I'll keep putting the stuff up. The 4315 project was a different twist so I figured it might generate some interest.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by LE15-Thumper View Post
    People that can do that quality of woodwork make me sick..

Jealousy is awful thing isn't it ?

Freakin gorgeous, that's all I can say...
    Thumper:

Thanks for the compliments. If I cooked up my woodworking skills over the course of a couple months I could understand jealousy, but I've been doing this forever. Any dummy should expect some level of perfection after nearly 40 years of chopping big wood into little wood. I wonder where I'd be today if I had spent all that time studying under Donald Trump!!!!

My first pair of JBL's came along in 1974 - Sovereign I's. There's been so many pairs since then that I could not possibly remember them all or where they went. It's hard to believe but every new project seems to be a tad better than the one before; if this is possible after doing it for so long. When the time comes that my quality starts to drop it will mean that the passion is gone and it will be time to do something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A big thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by saeman View Post
    If members can still benefit I'll keep putting the stuff up. The 4315 project was a different twist so I figured it might generate some interest.

Rick
    Rick,

Though it may be inconvenient for you to post all your projects - I still strongly encourage it because I find the DIY section of the forums the most enjoyable and educational. On top of that - I just love seeing pictures of your workmanship.

The 4345 build I am working on is my first woodworking/speaker project. I've assembled a subwoofer enclosure in the past but the wood was pre-cut. The 4345 build has been extremely challenging for me and I do wish I took on smaller project to start woodworking/speaker building. As I continue to work on my 4345 build, I frequently visit all the treads you started - they have proven to be very helpful and I thank you for sharing your expertise.

Cheers,
    D

This is DIYing at its best! I'd like to see this idea applied to the L220.

Excellent work...
    I am a 4315 fan...due to my lack of skills and knowledge, I just live with stock originals but, still love the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    This is DIYing at its best! I'd like to see this idea applied to the L220.
    It has been done ( in fact, quite some time ago ) by Steve Gonzales . It was a good idea to boot ,( to use an old expression ) .

It was all documented / but unfortunately he removed his pics .

<> cheers

- It sure gives me ideas for my orphaned pair of 2410s . Trouble is, I'd have to buy everything else /though I do like the looks of those 2301 mashers with the chrome rings on the fronts . ( It's truly a sickness ) .

I've done a couple dozen projects over the past two years but kind of stopped posting all the stuff.
    Hello Rick

Why it's always a pleasure to look at them. Keep them coming. They look great, I like the black faced ones.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thumper:

Thanks for the compliments. If I cooked up my woodworking skills over the course of a couple months I could understand jealousy, but I've been doing this forever. Any dummy should expect some level of perfection after nearly 40 years of chopping big wood into little wood. I wonder where I'd be today if I had spent all that time studying under Donald Trump!!!!

Probably would say your "HIRED" !!!!

Absolutely Gorgeous as usual Rick Thanks Again for the cloth.Now if mine come out half as good as those I would be extremely Happy !

2108 or 112H Alternatives

What are likely candidates to use as substitutes for either the 112s or 2108s in today's market? Is going up to a 212X too much? The M209 is an 8" driver but doesn't get much exposure.

Gary
    I take wood and make sawdust

Thumper:

Very nice work. Built like the proverbial brick sh*thouse and cleanly so.

I can relate to wondering where one would be if the time where spent studying elsewhere. Ce est la vie... I can make anything out of just about anything else in the physical world and I'll have to settle for that.

Beautiful project.

eso

Thread Information