Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many JBL's are in the picture?

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    I think she loves me... But putting that aside...

I think it's a great photo. Sometime hopefully soon it will be back up and sound will be coming out of it again. At least this thing still exists, and not the worst photo of a Paragon I have ever seen. At least it's indoors...

Maron Horonzakz
    I,m sure that paragon will sing again,,,Want to see my rock collection??

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Look at Les Pauls storage room it looked about the same and no one mentioned anything about it.

Just because it is not all wraped up in foam sheets and a crate does not mean it is being abused. Looks like it is about 10 minites away from being back in service to me. Take care of your stuff and let others take care of there stuff the way they see fit.
    Here here !
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Judging from the picture, deep storage, even in a relatively accessible room in the house, is the correct term.

These observations suggest reasonable care:

The paragons are placed fronts against the wall, protecting the veneers except where they face upwards.

The curved reflector is facing the corner so at least half of the front is protected.

The "relatively" small amount of misc. stuff on top and around the Paragon segments is lightweight and easily moved.

The B480 appears to have been moved right in and left to sit as well. Note it has nothing on it at all except a good coat of dust as does the pool table.

The whole room does not have "that" much in it. I've got a closet that has more stuff in it. I've got a room that has 20x more stuff in it. I've got 2 garages that have 100x more stuff in them, including multiple JBL systems, some stacked on top of each other.

I agree with other posters in that while a little untidy, it would take any of us about 20 minutes (or less) to clear the room. It would take about 20 minutes to vacuum or clean off the dust. It would take another 30 minutes to essentially reposition the Paragon correctly and check out the components. It would take about 5 minutes to do the B480.

Once that's done, 3 furniture dollys will move them wherever they're needed.

Let's be happy that these JBL products have been kept in reasonably controlled temp/humidity storage, nothing untoward has been done to them, and they are still here in the US to be enjoyed, and then passed on to a son who appreciates them.

Could that be said of many past JBL speakers that we couldn't find or rescue? :dont-know

OP, I'd just recommend that if given a chance, a little tidying up will prevent any accidents, a casual inspection to confirm condition and no pests/vermin (unlikely), and maybe a few coats of your favorite wood treatment to keep the veneers fed.

OTOH, if you sell or move out the pool table, you could just set up the whole system in that room and get it playing again....

Perhaps some more pictures with a digital camera after a little cleanup?

Good Luck!
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Oh, BTW, although we might like to find it this way, NEVER let this become a Craiglist ad photo. I think we'd just about have a stroke! Instructions about these speakers should be in your wills.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information