Thread: modifying the 3120A ?

modifying the 3120A ?

Hi, where else could someone subscribe to learn, share and talk about JBLs than here? So, this is my first shot here and I say a BIG hello to any other member!
    My first asking is: do you know how one can modify quickly an 3120A xover (1250HZ) going down to 600 or 800 HZ? I do understand that it will be better to leave the 3120a I have as they are and make a new other xover for my needs ( and they are like brand new...) but, I must do it any way and dont have such time to experiment with different caps and coils, just want to know something simple and trusted way to go down to the above frequency area. My problem is I have the feeling that a pair of old 130 woofers i have on a horn loading cabs dont work fine up to 1250hz (which is the now working cross point) while the horns ( which 130s faced) physically is cutting around 800hz. Advice please

The only part you would be able to use would be the can. You should try to get hold of some 3110's or 3110A's.

Quote Originally Posted by vag365 View Post
    Hi, where else could someone subscribe to learn, share and talk about JBLs than here? So, this is my first shot here and I say a BIG hello to any other member!
    My first asking is: do you know how one can modify quickly an 3120A xover (1250HZ) going down to 600 or 800 HZ? I do understand that it will be better to leave the 3120a I have as they are and make a new other xover for my needs ( and they are like brand new...) but, I must do it any way and dont have such time to experiment with different caps and coils, just want to know something simple and trusted way to go down to the above frequency area. My problem is I have the feeling that a pair of old 130 woofers i have on a horn loading cabs dont work fine up to 1250hz (which is the now working cross point) while the horns ( which 130s faced) physically is cutting around 800hz. Advice please

So, might be better to sell them and try the other mentioned xovers? As saw the diagram I thought it will be easy to change some parts in the low section and thats all...

If it were me I would keep both until certain which one I prefer. After all, you're just guessing at the problem.

I guess your option is the better, I will follow...

3120A vs 3110 schematics

vag365:

I see you are a relatively new member. If you want to check the schematics yourself go to the Technical Reference section at the bottom of the site intro. page, click on Links, JBL Pro Links, Network Schematics. Good luck! MM

Thread Information