Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Best JBL EVER?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    The 4310:4311 sold more an any other jbl
    Actually, to be a bit more exact that honor would have to go to the L100 as far as sales figures go - and possibly keeping JBL solvent and intact
    Best too as far as fame, recognition by more folks - even those who could care less - and changing the audio world as well (and how we listened to music for decades)
    From a purely historical perspective most decidedly the most considerable conspicuous and influential
    I try to avoid the word "best" whenever possible in conversations like these - "most" would be more appropriate for me

Quote Originally Posted by Vahe Sahakian View Post
    4350 for dynamics.
    DD55000 for looks
    Agree. I own both of these speakers and there amazing. JBL DD55000 are the best looking speaker ever made in my opinion and have a soundstage like nothing i've ever heard period.

joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNelis View Post
    Agree. I own both of these speakers and there amazing. JBL DD55000 are the best looking speaker ever made in my opinion and have a soundstage like nothing i've ever heard period.

joe.

The 4355's are above the 4350's.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger604 View Post
    The 4355's are above the 4350's.
    How's that?

Asking, not challenging.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sullivan View Post
    Actually, to be a bit more exact that honor would have to go to the L100 as far as sales figures go - and possibly keeping JBL solvent and intact
    Best too as far as fame, recognition by more folks - even those who could care less - and changing the audio world as well (and how we listened to music for decades)
    From a purely historical perspective most decidedly the most considerable conspicuous and influential
    I try to avoid the word "best" whenever possible in conversations like these - "most" would be more appropriate for me

I agree

The questions are open to interpretation

Any who has had the pleasure of owning or using the L100:4320/4311 knows how much fun they are .

Even Pete Townsend of The Who loves the 4311.

They are Legendary in the industry even if there are more modern equivalents

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Even Pete Townsend of The Who loves the 4311.
    Love? We know how he expresses love. I wonder how many SG necks he's driven through the 2213s?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    How's that?

Asking, not challenging.

Barry.
    Better drivers. 2441 and 2235's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    How's that?

Asking, not challenging.

Barry.
    More modern and sophisticated network.

Is it night and day? Probably not.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Vahe Sahakian View Post
    4350 for dynamics.
    DD55000 for looks
    I like your thinking... different JBLs excel in different areas.

I'd suggest the DD67000 for musical enjoyment.
    M2 for laboratory accuracy - if that's your thing.

For aesthetics in no particular order:
    Paragon
    Hartsfield
    Bel Aire
    Harlan
    Aquarius IV

Widget

4350/55 no doubt. JBL puts double woofers on the map. The ability to recreate the sounds of the drum kit at 'live' levels is uncanny. 4345 a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    4350/55 no doubt. JBL puts double woofers on the map. The ability to recreate the sounds of the drum kit at 'live' levels is uncanny. 4345 a close second.
    I hope no one is offended but IMO after owning a pair of 4350's for many years I was disappointed.

Never completely happy with there sound - congested and gritty in the top end. Sure they could handle a lot of power but that had me reaching for the volume knob. They certainly looked the goods - top of the line components at the time but never quite came together.

A - B ing them with a pair of L212"s - you don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet212 View Post
    I hope no one is offended but IMO after owning a pair of 4350's for many years I was disappointed.

Never completely happy with there sound - congested and gritty in the top end. Sure they could handle a lot of power but that had me reaching for the volume knob. They certainly looked the goods - top of the line components at the time but never quite came together.

A - B ing them with a pair of L212"s - you don't want to know.
    None taken, just sharing our experiences with these fine JBL products. I was under the same impression for my first set of 4350A. Just couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted. Sold it after about a year. But then a thought kept nagging at me, if you believe in the JBL hierarchy, why would JBL called it a 'cost no object' design? Good enough for large studios? Hmm... I started thinking to myself maybe it's because I did not set it up right. And those damn video clips from Kenrick Sound website... So when I saw another pair of 4350A I went for a deuce. This time I took the time to really fine tune the 5235 and I made sure I got the correct cards.
    I am convinced now it is indeed a 'cost no object' design and it's not just because of the power handling. It's like the musicians are in front of you in full scale.

Unfortunately none of this older stuff is plug and play

But my understanding is the 4355 crossover makes an improvement (see Giskards 4355 crossover posts)

Mr Widget had a lot of experience with the 4350.

Hi all, since 4350's are being discussed was wondering if there is an eq that might be computer controlled for my 4350's. they sound really good but show all the good, bad and ugly in each recording. My settings are a happy medium for all the music I listen to. Can't make adjustments for each recording. Just was thinking about this. not sure if this is relevant or even desirable to do if there was such a piece of equipment or how this would even work. If this question is goofy sorry. thanks

Hi,

i ordered my 5235 cards from Kenrick sound. I think Kenrick followed the original schematic but and used better components. They have cards for all models of 43 series. I tried other XO but the 5235 with the right cards just sounds right. Write them.

cheers.

Thread Information