Thread: New Logo

New Logo

I'd like to see JBL use this logo on a $4-5000/pair DIY Heritage speaker kit of a 2235-like 15", the 2452SL, a crossover around 650-700 and a domesticated horn. Or is it too late for this? Is there another generation of us coming along, or are we it?

Anyway, maybe you have another idea for a configuration that would work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So would I. Like the logo. I think we are stuck with the PT's unless we can find another horn that will work with the 1.5" drivers. I ended up doing 3 ways because of the limited low end on the PT's.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I'm not a handwriting analyst, but I see strength, dynamism, grace, balance and focus.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    Or is it too late for this?
    You'd have to ask the family of James B. Lansing if they have a problem with his namesake company making product in China and then stamping his name on it...

With production shifting off shore, maybe the price could be cut to $2-3000. This is how unbalanced free trade has been sold to us--lower prices for the American consumer. The real result from the economist's --what's 'is name, the Nobel winner from U Chicago--Milton Friedman--point of view, that in the end it would flatten out the advantaged and disadvantaged in the world economy, which is the right thing, and everyone would be doing what they do well (bogus!) has not been talked up very much. Our politicians have been telling us we would be immune because we are clever enough to keep thinking of new things to do that no one else could do, creating new industries. Now there are signs innovation has begun to shift to where the economic action is (Gordon Moore), probably true.

Anyway, the real point is, I just happened to notice these initials on the famous "magnets" note and think it would make a great logo. I think it's because it is hand-written initials that it seems appropriate to use it for a DIY product, a portion of the Lansing heritage that the company has neglected of late. The DIY audio surge in the past few decades has been cradled in access to information and technology and need for alternative products, primarily high-efficiency speakers and good-sounding amps. The nursery of DIY audio in the coming years may be economic conditions.

Thread Information