Thread: Newbie needs help on 511's

Newbie needs help on 511's

I have a set of 511's that I would like to adapt to use a 2" selenium driver. They have the two bolt pattern. On loud Loud speakers plus I found and adapter http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/prod...p?specific=448 it allows 1 in driver to 2" horn, but can it be used the other way around??? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pyoung View Post
    I have a set of 511's that I would like to adapt to use a 2" selenium driver. They have the two bolt pattern. On loud Loud speakers plus I found and adapter http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/prod...p?specific=448 it allows 1 in driver to 2" horn, but can it be used the other way around??? Any suggestions?
    My suggestion would be to not do it. Adapters usually add distortion; using one that reverses the expansion is the most desperate of measures.

There are many 2" horns around; the emilar EH500 is a good one. If your (unstated) agenda is to do things at least expense, you could probably sell the 511's, combine the proceeds with the money you would spend on adaptors, and buy a pair of Emilar EH500's from Jammin Jersey (not affiliated) or somewhere else for less than $100 additional. You can get cheaper new horns, but I have no idea what they are like.

If you want to use the 511 because of its reputation for quality, you will not get that with the described setup.

Thanks, I was not sure which way to go. I already have the seleniums attached to JBL 2380A horns. I guess that I just need to install them in the custom cabinets made to top of 816 clones. Thanks for your input. I don't want to have to spend anymore than I need on a p/t sound system. Phil

Thread Information