"The 19's are the first two way speakers I've heard and really liked and I don't detect any "seam" between the woofer and HF driver. To me it sounds like it's all coming from inside the entire box or like a huge single driver... "

That is music to my ears--"...sounds like... a huge single driver...".

That info on the crossover is interesting and I did see the posts about the lugs and oxidation.
To be honest,I am hoping that Mr. Brennan(?) is right and that the model 19 is very turnkey because I would rather just hook 'um up and listen,at least at first.I have a feeling it is going to be a big difference to get used to.
So I want to get my bearing before I dive into changing things.
I really think I want to keep them as stock as possible,but I am considering sending the entire crossover and internal wiring off to be replaced or reworked, if I feel it needs it.
My system is on the warm side,but with tight bass,at least for all tubes.
I guess I want the speakers to be as clear as possible,but not harsh,but also warmish--I can't seem to get enough warmth as long as it doesn't lurch into soft mush.

And I am with the guy about the control settings.I, too, want to find the flattest setting,at least at first.

I do already have an idea about getting the speakers off the floor by a couple of inches for decoupling but to improve stage and imaging and bass.
Have a feeling it might work well,but will have to see,might not need to bother.Part of my idea is to introduce an ever so slight rake angle backward so as to improve the illusion of stage and image height,which I do like.

BTW, I saw that a guy on a Klipsch forum has a beautiful pair of 14s for sale.
I hope to get the finish on mine to look like his.