Thread: "The Frymaster" Stereo

"The Frymaster" Stereo

Well, my friends, "The Frymaster" stereo project is complete. I finished repairing the A7's that I picked up in NH (during The Ten State Tour) and here's the result.

Instead of getting replacement diaphragms for the 807-8A drivers, I found a pair of 902-8B drivers to merge with the 811-B horns. I mounted the horns inside the cabinets, inverted them, replaced the grilles adorned with a couple of vintage badges I acquired, reattached the boards,and...VOILA...she is finished. Check out the pics! The first two are the completed boxes, the third pic is the front of the room, and the last pic is the back of the room.

In the front of the room, we have the Altec Lansing A7 with Synergistics S-62 on top. Components from top to bottom are: Niles NPS-4 Speaker Selector (behind the Onkyo sign), Onkyo Grand Integra P-308 Pre-amplifier, Onkyo Grand Integra M-508 Power Amp, Radio Shack LSM-1000 Mixing Board, JVC X-RL5010 CD Burner, Onkyo Integra EQ-35 Equalizer, Onkyo Integra T-9090ii Tuner, Onkyo DX-702 CD Player, and Technics SL-D3 Turntable.

In the back of the room, working outside in, Synergistics S-73, RTR 280DR & ESR-15, and Polk PS-125 Subwoofer.

Believe me...this thing is LOUD!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I know you surely have your reasons to have them upside down but I think you're missing on the mid bass projection that makes the 828 so special.

Just my 2 cents.

Eaulive,

Thank you for your input. I have the cabs inverted since that's what the instruction sheet called for when mounting the horns inside. I'm getting nice bass response from the cabs as well as from the Synergistics atop all augmented by smooth mid-bass from the stacks behind. A very nice sound all around.

Thread Information