Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Truextent 4" diaphragms available soon

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Meaningless drivel to wannabees.Yep. It's a Walmart World. And I don't think anyone is trying to stop anyone from posting about them. You deleted your posts of your own volition. You should ask a moderator to restore them.

Obviously the 476Be is still a very desirable driver despite what wannabees will invariably blog on about. You picked it to compare to for a reason and I find it rather irritating, especially with the Everest II horn clone thing. What is the objective here? I didn't realize that I supplied you with a pair so that you could cook up this comparison. When I bend over backwards to supply you guys with this stuff I'm doing it because I mistakenly think you have a personal interest in owning something really nice for personal use. My mistake. It all ends right now.
    I would suggest some disclosure and expansion of the hidden issues with some facts here. This thread is starting to read like a crap pocker game.

Firstly,

Motive: Guido is making a play (read marketing play or teaser) for what he sees as a potential market using the 0476 comparisons for Be after market diaphragms.

When I compare this type of smoke and shadows visibility stuff to some of the really excellent home grown cottage audio businesses in the USA that put in their own hard yards it makes me want to hammer down the protruding nail.

The JBL guys have the credibility as does 4313, always have had, always will.

Do JBL have pallets for shipping significant orders Ex Northridge?

In any case, there is no way to make a 476Be from any of the other JBL cores
    This driver has many design features that were pioneered by the designer. Don wrote a good post on it once and it would be useful if it was re posted here.

That said, these Be diaphragms are a excellent option for other JBL cores. Plan on reworking any existing passive filters accordingly. Rather than wasting time comparing a 2451 (or any other core) against an "unobtainable" 476Be how about comparing a stock 2451 against a 2451 with a Be diaphragm. That would actually be relevent. Of course, no one can actually hear a driver or a diaphragm on a forum regardless of how many pretty graphs are posted.
    Without making a rod for your own back I think that post was a little counter intuitive in that you have your work cut out for yourself re working all those network models for the aftermarket Be diaphragms

Of course they won't be pure JBL drivers anymore.

Be' - aftermarket diaphragms on JBL drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    ="Motive: Guido is making a play (read marketing play or teaser) for what he sees as a potential market using the 0476 comparisons for Be after market diaphragms.When I compare this type of smoke and shadows visibility stuff to some of the really excellent home grown cottage audio it makes me want to hammer down the protruding nail.

The JBL guys have the credibility as does 4313, always have had, always This driver has many design features that were pioneered by the designer. Don wrote a good post on it once and it would be useful if it was re posted here.

I think that post was a little counter intuitive in that you have your work cut out for yourself re working all those network models for the aftermarket Be diaphragms.......Of course they won't be pure JBL drivers anymore."
    Ian, You have stated a very gogent entiti: "Of course they won't be pure JBL drivers anymore."

I had considered for a fleeting moment__equipping my 2440's pair with this Guido"Be 'Meme Brain", all to no avail. since, i do have new-in-the-box JBL 375 diaphragms. They won't JBL anymore, and what resale bail-out value would they ultimately have in the end?

My 2440's will improve immensely if I copper plate all the interior soft magnetic iron surfaces and the entire top plate, and while it is disasembled, i can convert these motors to "field coils" which will take me one step closer to the WECO 594-A Parent driver.

The orignal 594-A pair i had were stone cold flat to 7500 Hz and rolled off in a straight line at (6) Db per octave beyond 15,000 Hz which could be EQ-ued absolutely flat well beyond 15,000 Hz with a simple active RC pole in single ended WECO 91-B, 300-B Power Amplifiers, which was more than adequate to drive you out of the house. The 10,000 to 12,000 high frequency sound was absolutely Sweet, Using a pair of RCA Photophone Horns with of 150 Hz cut off, crossed over at 250 Hz on top of RCA Mi9462 Low Frequency Photophone Ubangi Radial Horns, I have never heard anythng better in my 72 years of playing with this stuff.

Cheers Herki the cat

There are people who make field coil compression drivers with Be diaphragms. Would be heavy and expensive!

Thread Information