Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truextent 4" diaphragms available soon

Truextent 4" diaphragms available soon

These informations wasn't welcome here
    Sorry!

Contact
    www.truextent.com
    for more info

Deleted was a detailed comparison between a JBL 476BE and a JBL 2451 equipped with truextent diaphragm. Both on an Everest 2 horn clone.
    Plus a short distance picture of a truextent diaphragm.
    Last edited by Guido; 01-18-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: To explain the confusion

Obsolete
    Yep. I'm sure all the folks on this forum are overjoyed that I got stuck with a $5,600 pair of 476Be's... yet another JBL rendered worthless.

Needless to say, I'm done funding other people's DIY projects...

OK what's going on??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    These informations wasn't welcome here
    Sorry!

Contact
    www.truextent.com
    for more info
    The information is available on the Internet:

Truextent brand SSX beryllium compression driver diaphragm datasheet

$790 each for one or two
    $745 each for three or more

And there will probably be promotions in the next thirty to sixty days. So get them cheaper at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yep. I'm sure all the folks on this forum are overjoyed that I got stuck with a $5,600 pair of 476Be's... yet another JBL rendered worthless.

Needless to say, I'm done funding other people's DIY projects...
    Can you speak specifics for those who aren't behind the scenes enough to know what the obliqueness means.

What? Did someone grab a pair of JBLs at a reduced fee
    and then make low costs clones offshore (or something equally rude and disturbing).
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    It goes back to another forum member denigrating the 476Be last month and stating that it was grossly overpriced because Be diaphragms for all 4-inch JBL compression drivers were coming out in a month or two. Nevermind that the TAD's are even more expensive than the JBL's... or that the 476Be's cost what they cost to manufacture because they are made in the U.S.A. The 476Be costs what it costs. JBL isn't trying to put one over on anyone. It's just irritating because I've gotten about as many complaints about the cost of 476Be's as I've gotten about the cost of recone kits. People want free shit. It's a buy one get one free society.

It will cost $1,580 to get reasonably close to the 476Be performance using these diaphragms in any 4-inch JBL compression driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B
    It will cost $1,580 to get reasonably close to the 476Be performance using these diaphragms in any 4-inch JBL compression driver.
    Only close. The 476Be has some features that makes it special. There is absolutely no rising impedance up to 20k with a 47Be. It's the copper sleeved pole.

But those truextent diaphragms (Made in USA) are reality and it makes no sense to try to stop people posting about it.
    There will be no more information from me.
    But others will come.....

Obsolete
    Only close. The 476Be has some features that makes it special. There is absolutely no rising impedance up to 20k with a 47Be. It's the copper sleeved pole.
    Meaningless drivel to wannabees.
    But those truextent diaphragms (Made in USA) are reality and it makes no sense to try to stop people posting about it.
    There will be no more information from me.
    But others will come.....
    Yep. It's a Walmart World. And I don't think anyone is trying to stop anyone from posting about them. You deleted your posts of your own volition. You should ask a moderator to restore them.

Obviously the 476Be is still a very desirable driver despite what wannabees will invariably blog on about. You picked it to compare to for a reason and I find it rather irritating, especially with the Everest II horn clone thing. What is the objective here? I didn't realize that I supplied you with a pair so that you could cook up this comparison. When I bend over backwards to supply you guys with this stuff I'm doing it because I mistakenly think you have a personal interest in owning something really nice for personal use. My mistake. It all ends right now.

What are you talking about?? No one said a word or even responded to your posts and you deleted them yourself. The times the posts went up are right there. That's why I asked what was going on.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Obsolete
    Deleted was a detailed comparison between a JBL 476BE and a JBL 2451 equipped with truextent diaphragm. Both on an Everest 2 horn clone.
    Plus a short distance picture of a truextent diaphragm.
    Undelete them so everyone can hear the difference.

Nothing has changed since my discussion with Doug and Jerry several years ago with respect to putting the Be diaphragm in the older JBL cores. Quite obviously, none of them will ever be a 476Be, but they will be "close enough" for some people. That's just how it is. And given that the 476Be is nearly impossible to get outside of an E2...

The fact that these diaphragms are going to be available is fantastic. I've never felt that the non-aquaplased aluminum diaphragms were worth the extra cash over the aquaplased titanium diaphragms. The Mg and Be diaphragms are worth the extra cash.

These Truextents are very pricey though.
    I knew that was coming. It only took a day after the initial post.

As requested by many PM's

It's easier this way

The graphs are similar on H9800 or H4338 Horns.

Oh, these diaphragms are NOT pricey. Put them in a nice 1,5" JBL Driver and you end up with an absolute SOTA Driver. WORLD CLASS.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Obsolete
    The graphs are similar on H9800 or H4338 Horns.

Oh, these diaphragms are NOT pricey. Put them in a nice 1,5" JBL Driver and you end up with an absolute SOTA Driver. WORLD CLASS.
    Can you do some graphs on the $10 waveguides? I think that's where the real interest lies.

The H9800, H4338, 435Be, 476Be, 045Be, 1500AL, 1501AL, etc are intended only as replacement parts for owners of the 4338, K2 and E2 loudspeaker systems.

Sorry I don't have any $10 waveguides.

H9800 and EV2 Horn clones are available. No idea why so few members use them :dont-know

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Can you do some graphs on the $10 waveguides? I think that's where the real interest lies.

The H9800, H4338, 435Be, 476Be, 045Be, 1500AL, 1501AL, etc are intended only as replacement parts for owners of the 4338, K2 and E2 loudspeaker systems.

FR is one thing. The impedance looks quite a bit nicer on the 476Be.

Have you any CSD and distortion measurements to post?

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Thumbs up

A comparison with the traditional titanium (aquaplassed or not) or aluminium diaphragms in the same measurement conditions would also be nice

Thread Information