Thread: Black Hole Sub Bass!

JBL 4645

Arrow Black Hole Sub Bass!

Anyone recall (or has this been talked about before) this event that was documented a several years ago by NASA scientists. A black hole with large C note octaves within 56 and 58. The mind boggles at the size of these planet killers. I sure wouldn’t want to get near to one of these if I can help it.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/524092/
    http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20060905235927data_trunc_sys.shtml

http://www.firstscience.com/home/articles/big-theories/black-hole-sound-waves_1232.html
    “In musical terms, the pitch of the sound generated by the black hole translates into the note of B flat. But, a human wouldn’t have chance of hearing this cosmic performance because the note is 57 octaves lower than middle-C. For comparison, a typical piano contains only seven octaves. At a frequency over a million billion times deeper than the limits of human hearing, this is the deepest note ever detected from an object in the universe.”

So basically what the scientist, is saying its infrasonic if it can’t be heard then its destructive force would surly be felt!

Is it even possible for JBL to make Black Hole sub bass speaker? Because I want to experience Disney’s 1979 The Black Hole on DVD and beyond…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    waves_1232.html
    But, a human wouldn’t have chance of hearing this cosmic performance because ...
    It is
    BREATHTAKING

out there in space,
    I'd surely miss the air!!!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    It is
    BREATHTAKING
    out there in space,
    I'd surely miss the air!!!

Hmm, lets see now.

Lowest note on a Piano is about 27Hz, Organ gets down to 16Hz. Below this sound is felt more than heard. But down 58 octaves? Take the 16hz note down 4 octaves and we are at 1 Hz. But what is the speed of sound in a vacuum? Oh yea, there is no sound in a vacuum. It would certainly take your breath away. The scale of a black hole is so large that we probably really can't comprehend it anyway. When we start talking about light years it becomes very hard to get a handle on it.
    Maybe I will have to rent Disney's "The Black Hole" and find out, The movie did have some interesting music in it.

Black Hole equals skull and crossbones transducer

The physical sensation of chest-pounding bass has never been high on my personal list of audio priorities, but I would be downright fearful of encountering that one. Each wave would last a long, long time and is probably packing trillions of watts of acoustic power. A Super Tsunami of killer sound...

Lacking any other medium, like air, it would certainly vibrate anything else it encountered. Like an unlucky interstellar tourist.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    Lowest note on a Piano is about 27Hz, Organ gets down to 16Hz. Below this sound is felt more than heard. But down 58 octaves? Take the 16hz note down 4 octaves and we are at 1 Hz. But what is the speed of sound in a vacuum? Oh yea, there is no sound in a vacuum. It would certainly take your breath away. The scale of a black hole is so large that we probably really can't comprehend it anyway. When we start talking about light years it becomes very hard to get a handle on it.
    Maybe I will have to rent Disney's "The Black Hole" and find out, The movie did have some interesting music in it.
    Good post that’s a neat way of explaining. Then it needs to be amplified within a reasonable safe level for human consumption.

1Hz dear god, that is low TureRTA only reaches down to (5Hz on the sine wave, it just moves you’re my hand back and two with tiny amount of input.

So is there any commercially available sub on the planet that can duplicate this demonstrable sub bass deep effect?

The John Barry score as deep tympani beat that accompanies the opening titles.

The Black Hole (1979) Part 1 Dolby stereo 4:2:4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAom-799l9M&feature=channel_page

This taken from the centre discrete six-track Dolby stereo version shows not much below 30Hz. As you can see with the LFE.1 track it’s holding back slightly.

Level was played back at 0db I would have thought Disney, would have pushed this harder and further down the frequency spectrum since it was Disney that came across infrasonic when slowing down a projector many decades ago?

JBL 4645
    Watch the first few minutes.

Black Holes..........Monsters in Space
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0xFInZ_0Tc

I just added the movie to my Netflix Queue

I never saw the movie in the theater. The first time was when a friend got the 16mm version and we watched it on my dads old (1950) 16mm sound projector with a 8" speaker. I rented the VHS of the movie and watched on my 32" CRT, but that was with analog VHS sound. So I'm kinda looking forward to getting the DVD.

JBL 4645
    Just fill the room side to side front and back with 18” JBL subs and let it rip the house apart!

-My God! Right out of Dante’s inferno.
    -Yes. The most distractive force in universe, Harry. Nothing can escape it, not even light.

The probe ship that lands in chapter 6 has an interesting low end in the centre channel discrete.

JBL 4645
    So this black hole thingy is around middle c-note 262Hz at 57 octaves down.
    Wow I want to deeper into the black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    1Hz dear god, that is low TureRTA only reaches down to (5Hz on the sine wave, it just moves you’re my hand back and two with tiny amount of input.

So is there any commercially available sub on the planet that can duplicate this demonstrable sub bass deep effect?

1 Hz is no big deal. Just get a 1 RPM "clock motor," gear it down 60:1, connect a "crank shaft" and rod to it, and attach the rod to a diaphram. Voila, a 1 Hz tone generator. But you're gonna need a really big diaphram and long stroke to feel it.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    1 Hz is no big deal. Just get a 1 RPM "clock motor," gear it down 60:1, connect a "crank shaft" and rod to it, and attach the rod to a diaphram. Voila, a 1 Hz tone generator. But you're gonna need a really big diaphram and long stroke to feel it.
    I see, interesting. Very big!

I was just looking around youtube for more black hole low frequency middle C bugger all. Might have used the wrong keywords?

Oh, well going to play some sine waves.

Thread Information