Thread: Shallow DVD movie review-the JBL-a/d/s sound

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shallow DVD movie review-the JBL-a/d/s sound

the gear: Denon AVR-2105 7.1 receiver , cheap Philips DVD player (that plays avi's & mpegs too) , JBL L7 mains, JBL swoopy unnumbered center , JBL PS-100 sub , ADS L100 surrounds, 26 inch TV.

the DVD Movie:
    North by Northwest (Alfred Hitchcock) score by Bernard Herrmann ...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053125/
    recently remastered.

now I can upload tons of wacky waterfalls of the soundtrack and random screen shots to reinforce my opinions.

Oh wait !! darn..I dont have any waterfalls & screen shots to post...will just do the poster shot.

The Analysis: Great flick !! one of my favs ....frequency response is nothing special, but the score ? BH did an outstanding job, dont think there is a possible better one. The score melded with the screen action and added very much to the environ of the scenes. ...this remastered version looks and sounds like it was produced yesterday. ...casting was superb....Cary Grant was at the top of his career , EMS was beautiful and seductive , the mockups of the U.N. and Mt. Rushmore were believable ....and there was no fuggin CGI ..and it was a fine story....

highly recommended (SSR=5)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information