Thread: Peter Green is gone.

Peter Green is gone.

First Danny and now Peter. It is really, really over, and so is my youth in music.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53539989#
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Rolling Stone magazine ranked Green at number 58 in its all-time list of the 100 greatest guitarists, describing him as "Britain's most progressive blues guitarist" in his heyday.

Sheet ... I'd have put him at #1.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    First Danny and now Peter. It is really, really over, and so is my youth in music.

Clark,

When I heard this news yesterday I thought of you first. I knew this would be a very sad moment for you as I understand how much Peter's music meant to you. Sorry for the loss.

Here in the DC area, we're very lucky to have a great radio program that airs on Sunday mornings (it also streams online) dedicated primarily to exceptional guitarists. The host had a nice tribute show today, dedicating most of the show to Peter. His sadness was palpable while doing the show as Peter was clearly an important figure in his life. It's available to listen to for the next 2 weeks on the archive page here. https://wpfwfm.org/radio/programming/archived-shows

The show is called G-Strings and it aired 7/26 at 9:00 am. Nothing you haven't heard before I'm sure, but others not as familiar may enjoy listening.

In his native England, he was revered as perhaps the finest rock guitarist of his generation, ranked on the same level as Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page.

a good bio here ==>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...66a_story.html

Peter Green, White Sky, 1982, Creole Germany, 6.25155

[QUOTE=SEAWOLF97;430858] In his native England, he was revered as perhaps the finest rock guitarist of his generation, ranked on the same level as Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page.

In the 80ies i didn't like his solo work. He was a just shadow of the creative guitar player and composer he used to be between 1967 and 1970 for only 4 years. But anyway i purchased nearly every of his records then, because of my admiration of his technique. Today i have another sight to his "calm" years in the 80ies: his solo playing was dominated by "less is more", what likeable attitude in comparison to all those over-motivated guitar wizards and soulless shredding masters. The big problem: he had given away his fantastic Gibson Les Paul, the best guitar ever existing on this planet...
    Which is your favorite Peter Green solo record of the 80ies? The most creative one that was least affected by depressive mood and unenthusiastic "laid back" attitude? Tell!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

The big problem: he had given away his fantastic Gibson Les Paul, the best guitar ever existing on this planet...
    Which is your favorite Peter Green solo record of the 80ies? The most creative one that was least affected by depressive mood and unenthusiastic "laid back" attitude? Tell!

I liked his covers of the Robert Johnson cannon , but THEN PLAY ON is one of my DID's.

Oh, they asked him about his "magic guitar" ... He said "nothing magic, it's falling apart" .. then about it's sound "on a US tour the pickup broke, the guy who fixed it, wired it backwards"

80s

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    The big problem: he had given away his fantastic Gibson Les Paul, the best guitar ever existing on this planet...

I liked his covers of the Robert Johnson cannon , but THEN PLAY ON is one of my DID's.

Oh, they asked him about his "magic guitar" ... He said "nothing magic, it's falling apart" .. then about it's sound "on a US tour the pickup broke, the guy who fixed it, wired it backwards"
    "Then Play on" was not 80ies.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post

I feel the same way,now peter is gone.
    Alvin lee,Rory Gallagher and now Peter Green.
    Very sad day in music.

Nice, thank you -
    I didn't know this show and will check the archive after work.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    Clark,

When I heard this news yesterday I thought of you first. I knew this would be a very sad moment for you as I understand how much Peter's music meant to you. Sorry for the loss.

Here in the DC area, we're very lucky to have a great radio program that airs on Sunday mornings (it also streams online) dedicated primarily to exceptional guitarists. The host had a nice tribute show today, dedicating most of the show to Peter. His sadness was palpable while doing the show as Peter was clearly an important figure in his life. It's available to listen to for the next 2 weeks on the archive page here. https://wpfwfm.org/radio/programming/archived-shows

The show is called G-Strings and it aired 7/26 at 9:00 am. Nothing you haven't heard before I'm sure, but others not as familiar may enjoy listening.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information