Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your kind of music?

Hi all.

Yesterday I bought a very good Cd I believe many of you might like. It is from former member (35 years ago) of Fleetwood Mac, Jeremy Spencer. You might like it for two reasons, 1) The music, and 2) for the quality. I include a couple of scans from the sleeve so you can read a little by yourself.

Since this album is recorded at some small studios in Norway I do not know if it is available around the world. If you have trouble finding it, send me a pm and I can arrange a shipment to those interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Music from the movie "Zabriski point"

Hi all,

saw this week the 1970s movie "Zabriski Point" a for some members well known movie ....in his time with spectaculary sex scenes (today I know better )

I love the music in most scenes
    specially: the "sex scene" with Jerry Garcia's Guitar playing.....great
    and Pink Floyds "never on vinyl" sold tracks .

Is this available ?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Listen to...

Hello HP

my favorite music is Bossa Nova and MBP (Musica Popular do Brasil - Popular Music of Brasil). Like as well Jazz and all kind from the good old days to the mid 70ies.

Joao

Southern California, Orange County, Huntington Beach
    everythin but country. rap i could listen to if someone plays it, but i dont ever really choose to play them. Alot of the kind of music i listen to are rumored to have damaged many speaker systems, (especially techno better turn down bass on the EQ :P)
    I be a youngin of this forum, but yeah seriously these songs are dangerous for my vintage speaker, though i have l77's so maybe just cause it has a passive radiator instead of a vent which i imagine cant carry all that bass.

I want to get an L100 but finding one locally isn't easy for me. Honestly though i never even heard the L77's tweeters (no sound comes out for some reason, doesnt look abused or damaged at all just sitting in the garage for many years), i just use the LE-10's on it and i actually mix it with bose (yes they are crap, i didnt buy em and never will) satellites for treble (tiny room, so it works) Used what i have and im pretty happy with them now though i wish i could get different JBL speakers without a passive radiator so i dont have to worry about blowing that thing out of the cabinet.
    Young, but i love speakers!

JBL 4645
    Classical music: Mozart, Beethoven, Pachelbel, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky, Holst and Vaughan Williams.

Film scores: John Barry, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, James Newton Howard, and Howard Shore.

Pop: Madonna, Celine Dion, Enya and Jean Michel Jarre.

And most other music that sounds good on the JBL control 5’s and the JBL 4645.

Lots of great music here!!

One I have not seen listed is Rush. This was and still is one of my favorite rock bands. I really just like music. I am not so interested in some but I will listen to just about anything. I am mostly Jazz and Rock listening but I will try anything once!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Rush

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL
    Lots of great music here!!

One I have not seen listed is Rush. This was and still is one of my favorite rock bands. I really just like music. I am not so interested in some but I will listen to just about anything. I am mostly Jazz and Rock listening but I will try anything once!!

I have Today's Tom Sawyer, and Red Barchetta permanently etched in my brain.

Out.

more RUSH

While we're on the RUSH subject, One of my favorite albums is "All the World's a Stage" 1976 Mercury Records. Especially like #8 "In the End" Very rarely heard today.

ALSO "Passage to Bangkok" rarely played on the air. My college daughter is there now on a school coop, then she goes to Tibet and Nepal. She's teaching English to elementary kids, I would be doing something else....AHH, the good 'ol days
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

Quote Originally Posted by invstbiker
    While we're on the RUSH subject, One of my favorite albums is "All the World's a Stage" 1976 Mercury Records. Especially like #8 "In the End" Very rarely heard today.

ALSO "Passage to Bangkok" rarely played on the air. My college daughter is there now on a school coop, then she goes to Tibet and Nepal. She's teaching English to elementary kids, I would be doing something else....AHH, the good 'ol days

I am a fan of it all but my favs are Caress of Steel A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres
    Always fun learning more.......

Started with Dad's homebuilt console.Solid walnut,TT,Channelmaster tuner and integrated amp,seperate walnut speakers with EV coax's.Why he let me plug a 30"scale Teisco bass direct into it is beyond adult modern reasoning.Didn't seem to hurt it,tho! I was about 12 or so.I put on stacks of Hendrix,Cream,Steppenwolf,CCR,and the like-learned what it's like to play till your fingers bled,and play some more.Just ordered Sonny Landreth-Leveetown,heard a couple of tracks,gotta have it!I mostly listen to what we'd call "roadhouse rock'n blues".I can pull off most of Buffet's or Kim Wilson's of Fabulous T'birds vocals.Lot's of Bonnie Raitt and anything with slide or pedal steel in my collection.Clapton,ZZ,Robert Randolph,Little Feat,classic stuff from mid 60's to early 70's.I have lots of new and classic country and 80's spandex-to-current,but they're kept out of sight-out of mind.Might have to learn anything from Patsy Cline to ACDC.Ya gotta play it if they wanna hear it.....

Dark Side of the Moon has to be the most moving album I've ever listened to on a set of JBL's. Turn on the wayback machine and listen to the memories.

However, if you want to hear something completely different try "Cobra" and "Fresh Air" by Quicksilver. Very cool, for us old guys!

Depends on the Day of the week.

On Sundays there's only one God and his Back...Jimi Hendricks.

And some Australian acoustic at its best.

http://www.acousticseries.com.au/FrontPage.htm

My wife and I LOVE:

Paul Anka - Rock Swings! Love the engineering. Capital Studio A.

Joey DiFrancesca - All of his work. (My father played a B-3 for 45 years till his death, and was a Hammond Organ Factory artist!)

Diana Krall - Live in Paris
    The Tubes - Greatest hits. (Saw them live in Spokane in '84, too drunk to remember. 15 years sober this June!)
    Quincy Jones - Back on the Block. WOW!
    Kirk Franklin - God's Property, et al. Let's face it, today's house of worship will rock your pants off!!!
    Brian Setzer!!! Give it to me interavienously! Even his Christmas concert dvd is fun.
    Take 6 - lush. My Aerostar had a pair of 2235's in the back in custom made boxes. Got me laid everytime!

And really one of our most favorites...Bobby Caldwell!

Any Frank Sinatra with Billy May and his Orchestra, Or Count Basie.
    John Williams and the Boston Pops.
    Foreplay
    Lou Rawls! Look out honey, I'm gettin ready now!(everytime)
    Weather Report - Wore out the 8 track of Heavy Weather in my Channel Master stereo in 1977!
    DONALD FAGEN! All Steely Dan! even wih Michael McDonald.
    Earth,Wind and Fire.

I have been a Mobile DJ, and pro sound guy for almost 30 years. I have played disco and dance music to the throngs for a living and there is really some good stuff out there!

I am, and will always be a JBL man. Even with my old Dynaco Mark 3's that I built in high school, and they're still rockin!

Nobody listed Robbin Ford! Incredible player! Get "Talk to your Daughter" and listen to "Ain't got nothing, but the blues!"

yes fresh air is quicksilvers finest moment.if you need a psychadelic fix try electric music for the mind and body ,country joe and the fish.every now and then i try to revisit the music that everyone seems to have but rarely play, doors, sgt pepper, early dead,etc.but i think that some of the best overlooked stuff is the stones beggars banquet,let it bleed,exile on main st and sticky fingers.not psychadelic but definitely the soundtrack for the era. have another hit dude.......................

Wink

All the above! Plus
    Yes
    Blondie
    Robin Trower
    The Pretenders
    Jefferson Airplane
    and most recently Rafal Blechacz the Polish Piano Wonder, yes I said Polish
    "My wife said it was ok"

Thread Information