Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fave Fab Four Fest

Punch
    George was my favorite Beatle, and "Something" is on my list as well...Elvis even covered it which says a lot about that song. He sang it on that ginormous Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    George was my favorite Beatle, and "Something" is on my list as well...
    I watched "A hard Days Night" couple of weeks ago....GH's teeth really needed some work, hard to believe that so far into his career and that still wasnt taken care of.

The book that I read by EMI's dedicated Beatle engineer noted that GH & RS were both lacking in confidence and would rehearse their short solos for days.

Just saw "Magic Christian" (thanx HJ) and it's a destitute Ringo being adopted and schooled in the ways of life by the ultra-rich Peter Sellers. PM wrote the Badfinger theme for the movie "If you want it , here it is..come and get it , but you better hurry cause its going fast , you better hurry cause it may not last"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Punch
    I watched that too and I noticed the same thing. I used to live outside of London (Surrey), and I think it was just a cultural thing. They did not put emphasis on dental care....George's were the worst though.

The network gave HDN 4-stars (the highest) and the acting actually was not bad.

read recently, somewhere that "I saw her standing there" is considered a great PUNK song by those who appreciate that genre ...

Abby Road Medley

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Abbey_Road.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pM3PVzDUCY

I always thought the Abby Road medley had a little bit of several different styles, all rolled in a solid 17 minutes.

From the moment I received the album as a Christmas gift in 1969 at 16 years old to now; there are very few sequences to songs which hold up to it; it will always rate as one of my favorite sets to listen to.

“Sun King/Mustard/Pam/Bathroom Window/Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End.”
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Quote Originally Posted by lgvenable View Post
    I always thought the Abby Road medley had a little bit of several different styles, all rolled in a solid 17 minutes.

From the moment I received the album as a Christmas gift in 1969 at 16 years old to now; there are very few sequences to songs which hold up to it; it will always rate as one of my favorite sets to listen to.

“Sun King/Mustard/Pam/Bathroom Window/Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End.”
    its funny you should say that ...I've always subliminally equated that medley with the masterpiece "Rhapsody in Blue" ....both abt the same length , a mashup of many style changes that somehow work out to a stunning/memorable work.

1969 ? I was in a different world, listening to Kasey Kassem's top 40 on AFVN-AM ...didn't even know of the moon landing til a long time after the fact..

was listening to "She's so Heavy" yesterday...still holds up for me ..

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    its funny you should say that ...I've always subliminally equated that medley with the masterpiece "Rhapsody in Blue" ....both at the same length , a mashup of many style changes that somehow work out to a stunning/memorable work.
    Gotta love the clarinet and Piano in Rhapsody in Blue... I grew up on a mix of pop and classic music. My brother bought and I helped build a Heathkit stereo when I was 9 > he exposed me to it all. Somewhere out there I went way way past him into JBL Pro . He took a look at my setup and couldn't believe what he set in motion so long ago... :<)
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    ...didn't even know of the moon landing
    the space program and the Amateur Scientist inspired me to build my own multi engine Estes unguided rocket designs with molded azide warheads triggered by an ammonium tri-iodate triggers.
    Evil smile in the 7th grade...Sometimes I cant believe I still have all my fingers.

Yoko Ono Talks About Other Beatles’ Resentment Of Becoming ‘Paul’s Band’

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/yoko-ono-talks-other-beatles-resentment-becoming-paul-204042501.html

Yoko Ono of 1987, who has come to us in a time machine to offer some thoughts less filtered by the passage of time. Her lengthy take on the breakup is a big chunk of a previously unpublished conversation with record industry mogul Joe Smith, which has just been made available as an audio file by the Library of Congress.

Smith, the former president of Capitol/EMI, conducted interviews with hundreds of top artists for his 1988 book Off the Record: An Oral History of Popular Music. This year, he donated unedited versions of those quarter-century-old recordings to the Library of Congress. At their website, you can listen to his conversations with musicians including McCartney, Harrison, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Little Richard, Elton John, Ray Charles, Woody Herman, Barbra Streisand, Billy Joel, B.B. King, Sting, David Bowie, and about 200 others.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/record/joesmith/

Newly released recordings reveal Beatles before they inspired mania

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/enter...les_01-01.html

Thread Information