Thread: Brociner folded corner horn?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    Spkrman57, my way of doing things is definitely the path less traveled, and YMMV. One can surely obtained the widest bandwidth in a given volume using a driver whose resonance is down around the flare frequency. I am primarily after clarity and transparency to the source, and suppressing resonances is the way to go IMO. It is hard for a driver to slavishly follow the signal if it is trying to go nuts at its resonant frequency at the same time. If you try it both ways you might at first be seduced by the extension of the low Fs driver, but eventually come to prefer the clean sound of the high Fs driver. With a finite horn (all of them) the response achieved never quite makes it to the flare frequency, though I would expect you'll get good response to 50Hz. or so.
    Hi Steve,

I too appreciate your explanation to Ron. He has taught me what little I know. It's nice to be able to follow along at home.

I have a pair of the Build In '52 Imperials that I had been loading with low FS drivers. Your explanation might be spot on - I was seduced (sometimes still am) but have also enjoyed the clarity of a relatively higher FS driver in the same box.

The build in's are supposed to load to roughly 45hz, can you recommend a minimum Fs for a driver to work well in this cabinet?
    Last edited by Dingusboy; 02-11-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: wrote lower FS when I meant higher

Thread Information