Page 99 of 721 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

todays safari...for a CCR fan this was a great day....all 4 are in the best shape I've seen..much better than my existing copies..

as it the Cat Stevens GH ...the 12 disk classic set in super condition was 30 cents
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    todays safari...for a CCR fan this was a great day....all 4 are in the best shape I've seen..much better than my existing copies..

as it the Cat Stevens GH ...the 12 disk classic set in super condition was 30 cents

Wow! I should look around more. I found a guy at the local Flea Market (Jumble) selling CD's cheap last weekend. Picked up a few:

The White Stripes-eLePHANT, which sent me scrambling for the Low-Cut filter on my homemade subs...
    Gato Barbieri-Que Pasa
    GRP Digital Sampler-Vol. 1
    Manfred Mann's Earth Band-The Best Of
    Faces-A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...To A Blind Horse

Currently though I have the big reels rolling Tangerine Dream, it's in the middle of Thief. (The reel has Three O'clock High, Thief & Shy People back to back for 2 hours of mostly instrumental music.)
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    The White Stripes-eLePHANT, which sent me scrambling for the Low-Cut filter on my homemade subs...
    Mike..dont you guys have the worlds largest flea market there in SJ ?

My 27y.o. son got me into "Elephant" a couple of years back...had it going nearly non-stop for a while..very addictive...

SADLY..didn't care for earlier or later WS as much..

Those CCR albums are super..its the best I've heard them on vinyl , having never owned a new LP of theirs....the prior owner had put address tags inside the jackets...looked him up and sent a nice email..no reply, so far....

At the moment tracking these!!
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome by Frankie goes to hollywood
    Seeds of love by Tears for fears
    Always fun learning more.......

.......Welcome To My Nightmare..! ...

....and what a fine album (CD etc.)! I had Frankie, Pleasuredome on cassette. My Akai GX-380(?) player finally seized up after over 20 years (really!) of superb service and like a fool, I trashed my collection of cassettes. I'm now replacing the recorded music on either album or SACD, DVDA, or CD's when I can find them for a reasonable price on eBay. I just bought the Tom Tom Club CDfor $6 delivered new, and am seeking Pleasuredome among others. I'm listening to an album, The Fairlanes which I bought new, sealed, in vinyl...nice New Jersey blues.....just puttin' in my twee cents worth!

New Bob Dylan album, "Together Through Life". Great listen. Has a fun vibe to it, compared to his last CDs.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    New Bob Dylan album, "Together Through Life". Great listen. Has a fun vibe to it, compared to his last CDs.
    LOL I knew you was listening to Bob Dylan, Jon. Is it clearer than those youtube videos. What’s the production quality like over pervious CD productions like in the lyrics is it clear does it cut though without strain as I found the youtube ones too painful to understand over competition of instrumental.

Found this sort samples from his new album on youtube

Together Through Life, the new Bob Dylan album: Preview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_jrwsyKiiw

I still find it hard to understand all the lyrical words providing its not competing with loud instrumental that tends to clash with lyrics. Who the production mixer for his works as there would be music mixer editor?

His voice has husky like sound to it kinder dry.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    At the moment tracking these!!
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome by Frankie goes to hollywood
    Seeds of love by Tears for fears
    Welcome to Pleasuredome, FGTH sounds fantastic, I worked for their label ZTT for a while and you would not believe how much the album cost to record. All in all it's a forgotten classic.

JMc

Quote Originally Posted by hugemc View Post
    Welcome to Pleasuredome, FGTH sounds fantastic, I worked for their label ZTT for a while and you would not believe how much the album cost to record. All in all it's a forgotten classic.

JMc
    Not forgotten in my house!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    What’s the production quality like over pervious CD productions like in the lyrics is it clear does it cut though without strain as I found the youtube ones too painful to understand over competition of instrumental.
    I know those who could never understand Dylan. I can understand him perfectly in this album. His voice has gotten noticeably more course though. Almost approaching Tom Waits.

Who the production mixer for his works as there would be music mixer editor?

His voice has husky like sound to it kinder dry.
    Jack Frost produced the last three, which is a cover for Dylan himself. I heard he wasn't happy with the sound of Time Out of Mind. It has gotten more compressed. Barely need to turn it to -52 dB on the dial before it gets loud. His last three albums are noticeably louder than TOOM, which was his first comeback into the 90's.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    ^ I need to pick up some of the newer Dylan stuff.

Right now I'm spinning Gov't Mule 'Deepest End', and a bootleg King Crimson concert from Nov. 7, 1981 - Savoy Theater, NYC.

Not at the same time, of course.

Vinyl Safari today

All 9 of Ludwig Van's symphonies ..WOW ...the Simon & Garf is a common and I have other copies..then noticed the inscription on the cover ,,mebbe real ? "Building the Perfect Beast" is one of my DIDs,,,got a backup copy in wonderfull cond. The FM soundtrack double seemed to have a good playlist

If the S&G inscription is real , its kinda funny as it APPEARS that Art made funny eye brows on himself and in an obviously different hand wrote "Me too"

LATER: did a little poking round the web....Simons sig changed over the years, but the P in Paul looks OK ....and this is dated 73 , where the album came out in '72

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_a..._Greatest_Hits

and the rest.... ....I am not really a "Little Feat" fan , but this is a LGeorge album in VG condition....if anyone would like it,,plse PM me.

biked around to local garage sales

Zepp's first is just about a GH album,,,super condition, orig, not a reissue.
    the oldies double has a really nice track list.

(even got another tt to play them on ) ...

I'm just really enjoying that LZ 1 Lp (in next post up) ....its like a greatest hits disk ...very impressive for their first one out ...tho not quite so sonically dynamic , the "realness" of the performance shines thru ....LP must have been played once and then put away ( I bought from original owner , and she was more into country & western)

I think its an original 1969 , no UPC , but it is NOT 180gram ...does anyone know if they had made the switch to lighter vinyl by then ?
    Total album sales: 8 million
    Peak chart position: 10

Accolades
    The Times United Kingdom "The 100 Best Albums of All Time"[25]
    1993 Rolling Stone United States The Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
    2003 Grammy Awards United States Grammy Hall of Fame Award[27]
    2004 Q United Kingdom "The Music That Changed the World"[28]
    2004 Robert Dimery United States 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die[29]

2006 Classic Rock United Kingdom "100 Greatest British Rock Album Ever"[30]
    2006 Uncut United Kingdom 100 Greatest Debut Albums[31]
    2006 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame United States The Definitive 200[32]
    2007 Q United Kingdom 21 Albums That Changed Music[33]

its interesting...Plant seems to have no contribution to the writing , at all ?

In 2003, the album was ranked number 29 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

TRIVIA:"How Many More Times" was listed as 3:30 on the record sleeve deliberately by Jimmy Page in order to trick radio stations into playing the song. (its really 8:28)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_zep_1

(only had the tt for 2 days )

LATER: I dubbed it to MD ( had to go +10db on rec level ..seems the disk is a little vol shy) ...anyway..it gained dynamics after dub ...thinking that the higher gain on the MD takes less amp and therefore sounds better than the LP ?

Thread Information