Page 93 of 721 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by jeenie67 View Post
    DDD. ..wonder what that stands for? DDD?

I do note a minute difference in the two Crowns though...wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowPhreak View Post
    I'm a little surprised by that. Perhaps internal component matching could be more consistent with those?
    Perhaps the difference can be attributed to the difference in assembly from one Chinese slave-laborer to the next? Maybe one worker has just had a kidney removed to sell to a wealthy foreigner? Perhaps one had ingested more lead paint that day than the other? Less beatings? More beatings? Child labor on one, and not the other?

DDD is a full-digital recording, as opposed to ADD, or AAD. It's called the SPARS code: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARS_Code

....hhhmmmmm? ...

..I shall start a new post in general audio discussion. I'd like to get some input on the difference I hear. For me, it is not a problem, but it does attract my attention...I try not to focus on it.
    Playing now as I prepare dinner and study is: Steely Dan, Aja. It was suggested on an earlier post...I think in the CD/ Vinyl Wars. What an excellent example of ....just primo tunes ....every one! My hat's off toyou! Tanx !

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Perhaps the difference can be attributed to the difference in assembly from one Chinese slave-laborer to the next? Maybe one worker has just had a kidney removed to sell to a wealthy foreigner? Perhaps one had ingested more lead paint that day than the other? Less beatings? More beatings? Child labor on one, and not the other?
    Or mebbe day-dreaming of a new Chinese Beamer ??

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6423382.htm
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Or mebbe day-dreaming of a new Chinese Beamer ??
    The difference is BMW isn't trying to pawn those off on the American buying public as BMWs. At least not yet!

We already get some here that are built in South Africa, but that plant has one of the highest quality ratings of any auto plants in the world.

I make a point of showing my daughter when I'm actually able to buy something made in USA. It more difficult each year. All the Soundcraftsment stuff I've been stocking up on recently has that proud "Made in USA" label right on the front. That impressed her. When I recently replaced my 30-year-old Wahl cordless soldering iron with a new Wahl, I pointed out to her that it was still made in USA. Right after that I had to dissassemble it to put more tension on the safety switch and realign the tip sockets so the damn thing would actually make contact. Oh well.

My favorite thing is trying to guess on which island nation my next pair of Levi's 501 button-fly jeans will have been assembled.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Could be that too.

The Big 5

Antonio , Richard , Wilson ( a man and a half ) , Paul/Art and Linda ...good tunes this weekend -they're predicting snow-
    March 7 !!! ( nothing like diverse musical tastes , eh ?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Mr. Seawolf! The Classicals look like a real nice score, how many records per, look like multiple vinyl.
    Nice!

I make a point of showing my daughter when I'm actually able to buy something made in USA. It more difficult each year.
    My favorite thing is trying to guess on which island nation my next pair of Levi's 501 button-fly jeans will have been assembled.
    Excellent observation on both fronts there, I am actually pretty surprised when I do find "things" actually made in the USA, I think to myself, hey what do you know, we still have the technology to make this here hammer, ah thats great.
    To quote the Manchester crooner "Good Times for a change now!"
    (who said that?)

Whats playing now!
    What time is it anyway?
    Just Play Music.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Patti Rothberg's - "Between the 1 and the 9."

Tom, I see you picked up a copy of Deep Purple's "Book Of Taliesyn." Did you have have it when it first came out in '68? It was a favorite album of mine at that time. "Shield" and "Anthem" are my favorites on the LP. I especially enjoy the percussive instruments on "Shield." I no longer have the LP but do have all three of Deep Purple's first LPs on CD.

Had War's "All Day Music" in the CD changer earlier today.

Larry, who, according to Fred Sanford (je), has too many L110s and should share them.

... And the Gods Made Love.

As the ancient Goddess Minerva pondered an alternative to her mundane existence, a question of meld....it came in a vision.....the Greek GodEros.
    .......a proposition presented.

Furor abounded. Minerva, undaunted, set the sails.
    She would in all clandestine maneuver...meet.
    Circumscriptions agreed....the stratagem advanced.
    Eros procured the necessary artifacts and abounded aloft towards the heavens.
    Minerva, elated, followed at pace.

Eros positioned this drawn marble disc in circumlunar course. Minerva drew a sliver of her silken hair and with a flare of solar cooperation, crystallized not only the knife of transferal, but the vehicle of adulation.
    Eros with coruscation stationed the objects of their ardency.
    Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. 30th Anniversary Edition on 200 gram vinyl.
    I can hear it all the way to my house!

New Jeff Beck CD & Old Mountain

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me from being a Jazz & Blues only listener.

Jeff Beck: Performing This Week Live at ronnie scott's Jazz Club

Never mind the hasn't-lost-a-step thing. Maybe "Better Than Ever" is more like it. Bonus, Tal Wilkenfeld is playing bass. A killer set and the sound is very good.

King Biscuit Flour Hour Presents: Mountain (Live)

From 1974. This was a 2003 DVD-A, find it if you can. I have the CD from 2000 and it is OK.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

MySpace Music

I linked to this player from another musician's page. Interesting guy. I like the sound samples. He plays a five string bass.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...dID=1001809686

Anyone familiar with this piece of gear? It is an Avalon Ultra Five Bass Buddy (?)

There must be so much music out there that will never be heard offline.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

...Beck and a little more....

.........Just some Cd's I picked up in a package deal....Cheapola ! What a way to go to sleep.....all night ......next morn.and beyond.

Jeff Beck. Jeff. Ek86941. Killer!

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Tom, I see you picked up a copy of Deep Purple's "Book Of Taliesyn." Did you have have it when it first came out in '68? It was a favorite album of mine at that time. "Shield" and "Anthem" are my favorites on the LP. I especially enjoy the percussive instruments on "Shield." I no longer have the LP but do have all three of Deep Purple's first LPs on CD.
    I have all three albums on Tetragrammaton Records vinyl. I've had many copies of Taliesyn over the years to try to find a copy without the infamous pressing defect, but no luck. The original CDs (Pilot Records, I think, in the US) weren't much better than the vinyl as they were copied from the records not the original tapes. Eventually Harvest Records produced marginally better CDs. Actually the 256 kBps MP3 album downloads I got off emusic are the best sounding versions I have of those three albums: Shades of Deep Purple, Book of Taliesyn, and Deep Purple.

When in the UK, I stopped at a small shop in London and got a remastered CD box set of the three albums with a bunch of extras. Very, very nice.
    Out.

Thread Information