Page 91 of 721 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Watched the DVD of "Mystery Train" the other day,,,the hotel clerk is hilarious , had forgotten that he was played by Screamin' Jay Hawkins , and naturally pulled out some of his tunes.

I put a spell on you ....A unique version
    Constipation Blues ....how can I describe this ?

lots of fun

Also went thru "John Wesley Harding" & "Between the Buttons" (BTB - a very nice remaster - box says same file was used for the SACD)

my son thinks .....? (get funny looks) when I mumble a couple of lines from "Something happened to me Yesterday"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

aye never heard of the Coors...what genre? tell me more...jeenie

sorry 'bout the spelling....habit !

3 thrift stores - 5 LP's

the CCR "more gold" is going to need a second trip thru the cleaning proc, but sounds appropriate for the music, liked Linda Ronstadt's first album with Nelson Riddle and so picked up this follow up. Rodrogo ? The incredible "Concerto de Aranjuez" , and always liked the 5th Demension and have never seen this early album before , and lastly, wellll , Country Joe ...

what more can you say ?

LATER....just bot tix, gonna see CCR next Friday
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cold down in DC ...

We are One - Barack Obama Concert event - Live on HBO HD in the clear - (we are not HBO subscribers, but this was a special deal).
    With Springsteen, Mellancamp, Seegar, U2, Stevie Wonder, Usher and all kinds of other folks - plus various bands and orchestras, plus lots of choirs and choral groups. Very nice audio feed, HD video. Watched on the Philips HDTV with the biamped 4341s ... whoa!

In the all the establishing shots it looked like the Potomac and the Reflecting Pool are frozen over.

I know we aren't Wisconsin, but its been cold for Dc lately below 32F for the week ... some days around 15, and down to 5 or so overnight!
    I know I can walk out on my little pond right now - it looked cold, but looked like a nice concert- replays at 7:30 and 11:30 tonight, apparently also in the clear!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

paragon

Music now

Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas

Great !!!

now that the weather has turned to crap

I've started to sort thru all the vinyl that was acquired last summer ... about 2 weeks ago this one crossed the platter and has been in 4x/week rotation ever since ..... not much into show tunes, but somehow G. Gershwin speaks to me...great stuff. Chacksfield does a perfect presentation....enjoyed the "Porgy & Bess" tunes so much that I've put holds on the DVD and CD from library...and of course, Rhapsody is Blue is incredible... GG died at 39 from a brain tumor and worked feverishly during his productive years to try to put it all down for posterity ....

recommended ( esp if you are getting tired of pop/rock , like me)

Bringing It All Back Home: Bob Dylan

Huge Bob Dylan fan. I only have five or so of his CDs so far. Plan on expanding that real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Bringing It All Back Home: Bob Dylan

Huge Bob Dylan fan. I only have five or so of his CDs so far. Plan on expanding that real soon.
    Bob has a weekly radio show "Theme time Radio Hour" on XM . its not his music, but his droll delivery and offhand jokes are great.

Just watched him as "Alias" in "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid" ... read that he lobbied hard to get a part and do the soundtrack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070518/

and if you like Dylan, you should catch him in "Masked & Anonymous"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319829/

Bob Dylan ... Jack Fate
    Jeff Bridges ... Tom Friend
    Penélope Cruz ... Pagan Lace
    John Goodman ... Uncle Sweetheart
    Jessica Lange ... Nina Veronica
    Luke Wilson ... Bobby Cupid
    Angela Bassett ... Mistress
    Bruce Dern ... Editor
    Ed Harris ... Oscar Vogel
    Val Kilmer ... Animal Wrangler
    Cheech Marin ... Prospero

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Bob has a weekly radio show "Theme time Radio Hour" on XM . its not his music, but his droll delivery and offhand jokes are great.

Just watched him as "Alias" in "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid" ... read that he lobbied hard to get a part and do the soundtrack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070518/

and if you like Dylan, you should catch him in "Masked & Anonymous"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319829/
    I've heard about Theme Time Radio Hour. I have one of the episodes ("Money") on my iPod. What channel and time is it exactly on?

I've seen parts of Masked & Anonymous. Seems like a decent movie, but the critics apparently hate it. The music video for Cold Irons Bound is good though.

By the way, have you had a chance to pick up Tell Tale Signs: the Bootleg Series Vol. 8: Bob Dylan yet?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I've started to sort thru all the vinyl that was acquired last summer ... about 2 weeks ago this one crossed the platter and has been in 4x/week rotation ever since ..... not much into show tunes, but somehow G. Gershwin speaks to me...great stuff. Chacksfield does a perfect presentation....enjoyed the "Porgy & Bess" tunes so much that I've put holds on the DVD and CD from library...and of course, Rhapsody is Blue is incredible... GG died at 39 from a brain tumor and worked feverishly during his productive years to try to put it all down for posterity ....

recommended ( esp if you are getting tired of pop/rock , like me)

George Gershwin now he rules. First heard some of his classics on the TV and radio 2 simulcast back in the mid 1980’s BBC at the The Proms or Royal Albert Hall where many of his works where played out to packed house.

The stereo feel wasn’t too bad of course I didn’t own JBL back then and no I’m not saying what the speakers where. no they weren’t BOSE but something better but I’m not saying.

Today his works can be heard online with Classic FM without the hissy FM noise getting in the way of the reception.

And yes I listen with JBL.

took a thrift run (too cold for bike) and found The White Album in pretty good shape , got it home and opened to find the wall poster and 4 mini portrait posters ... also a double of the 50's best , like new, an EmmyLou Harris greatest hits , still sealed (anybody interested ? ) and the "Beatles Again" , also in acceptable condition.

...........10 degrees and windy....boilwater...

.......The Electric Flag....Long Time Coming.....

WAR Anthology & some Ludwig Van ...

A good day on the vinyl hunt

total=$4.70 ...The Marty Robbins is a double ...all in at least good condition,some vg.

Thread Information