Page 8 of 721 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

Tonight I'm listening to the Eric Clapton DVD, Live in Hyde park. Got it on eBay this week. This is a great disc, It's going to be one of my favorites. Excellent sound quality.

JBL Dog
    The CD player hooked to the Metregon has Steely Dan, Norah Jones, the Rat Pack, Burt Bacharach (the wifey hates Burt, I think he's great!), Ultra Lounge stuff, Tom Jones, Jamie Cullam (sp?), Steve Tyrell, Nat "King" Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Van Morisson and Genesis loaded in it.

The "Dog House" with the 4430's hooked up has got a bunch of classic rock we listened to here in St. Louis long ago (better known to the locals as "K-SHE Classics") in the CD player. Artists include Gypsy, Nektar, Bliss Band, It's A Beautiful Day, Triumvirat, Aphrodite's Child, Butts Band, Les Dudek, Steve Walsh, Chilliwack, Pavlov's Dog... the list goes on. Some true Masterpieces!

What are you listening to:

Al Di Meola:
    The Infinite Desire

Jaco Pastorius:
    JACO PASTORIUS

Emmy Lou Harris,Spyboy dvd with Buddy and Julie Miller,Monk and Coltrane at Carnegie Hall,Daniel Lanois For the beauty of Winona,Miles Davis Sketches of Spain,Kind of Blue

"What are you LISTENING to?"

That's what SHE said.

Pink Noise

Sinusoidal Sweeps

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    That's what SHE said.

Pink Noise

Sinusoidal Sweeps
    My vote for best post on the thread. Good one!

Cool In my garage today

I had a pair of L7s, SVA2100s, L250s, and recently fixed L60Ts hooked up to different receivers. I took the iPod out and used the Griffin iTrip to broadcast to all the receivers tuned to the same frequency, and with the RS meter got the gain set the same for each set.

Using 192kbps AAC audio files, I listend to Flim & The BBs Neon on dmp compact disc from beginning to end. With the flip of a muting button, I could scan from system to system at exactly the same place in the music with no delay. Pretty cool.

Sure, the audio quality isn't "audiophile" ( whatever ) but it was a good way to hear the personality of each speaker in immediate contrast to the others.

I enjoyed Flim & The BBs so much, I listened to it again. Very tight.
    Out.

Sipping Dragonwell green tea and listening to..

...Fleetwood Mac In Chicago 1969. Finished up Joni Mitchell's Hejira, repeated the Jaco Pastorius cut "Refuge Of The Roads." Before that, Patricia Barber's Modern Cool. Last night, Keith Jarrett Solo Concerts Bremen Lausanne, Ralph Towner & Gary Burton Matchbook, and Peter Green In The Skies. The night before, Miles and Coltrane pretty much, some Santana and some Maria Pia De Vito, my favorite female singer.

Ah, life.
    Clark in Peoria
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Nightbrace
    Up for anything, as long as the recording quality doesn't kill it, CD's are more than ok when done right/

todays specials were eric dolphy,out to lunch,django reinhardt,djangology 49,some cuts from charlie daniels, fire on the mountain,and townes van zandt,live at the old quarter to round out the evening.

William Ellwood - Openings (CD) ...
    Steve Reich: Different Trains, Electric Counterpoint (Pat Metheny - CD)
    Pekka Pohjola - The Mathematician's Air Display (UK LP),
    David Sylvian - Live in Theatre (CD - Japan 1988) ,
    Santana - Lotus & Moonflower (LPs),
    The Who - Who's Next (CD Remaster),
    Zappa - The Grand Wazoo (CD),
    and a buncha Neo-Surf music Cds with The Mermen, the Insect Surfers, etc ...

I'm listening with a pair of L36 speakers, Denon DP45 turntable and a JVC 9010VBK AV Receiver (locked into 2 channel "Direct" mode for music use).
    When watching DVDs and TV I can put it in 5.1 mode

Heather

next to hot rats grand wazoo is my favorite fz album.but for tonight i only have time for one and that will certainly be blue valentine ,tom waits.my first set of jb's were decades but i couldnt afford the next pair w/o selling them.

it must be warm everywhere else so folks are not at home listening.well its forty below zero here so i will walk the woof and lock myself in with bill evans at the village vanguard,duke ellington, indigos and if time permits,the allmann bros, beginnings

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jbl4ever
    Pink Floyd Pulse 10/20/94 on LD can not find it on DVD its their best. Good Rum and Cokes
    I have the LD as well.

Just noticed LD's are really cheap on ebay these days! I just ordered
    This is Spinal Tap for like $4! incl shipping...

I'm listing to KFOG at the moment, got the big DAS lenses (folded 2395 clones) w/2445's & 4 dual 2225 cabs cooking to try and warm the garage up, while the office, where the tuner and pre-amp are, playing the same stuff through little cambridge 2.1 system (a freebie, OK?) The garage gets a feed from the pre-amp, had to dig out some inline tranformers to get the hum out! Someday I'll run it balanced since the amps out there are all balanced PA gear anyway... Pre-amp's got the tuner cassette, DAT and 3 PC's connected to it, I think my itunes PC has around 60 days of music on it, I had to replace a 200G drive with a 300 in order to put the new CD's I got over the holidays... Max bit rate AAC takes a lot of space! looking at a terabyte system so I can convert to lossless... 3 or 4 ought to do it!

Chick Corea just came on, sounds like Freeway Jam. Gotta go back to the garage to hear this! Friday nites are always good on this station...

Mike Scott in SJ, CA

Green Onions now, must be an instrumental set... And FZ! Great radio!
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

[QUOTE=4343]I have the LD as well. So what do you think of it. Got some very low freq. Cost me 4-2235H at Christmas at somewhere around 1K of power

Thread Information