Page 70 of 721 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I was in the mood for some old "Deep Purple" after hearing Hey Joe and its great lead-in on XM , so I took out my "Deep Purple's Greatest Hits" (Creative Sounds - yeah, cant even find that disk on the web)..ripped it and put on the pod....it was like good old vinyl days , the CD was mastered from a RECORD...not tape. Complete with pops and crackles....no wonder it was cheap ( I think it was one of those 2 for $10 at Tower specials)
    I can never get enough DP. I have those original Tetragrammaton LPs and the CDs made from them on Passport Records. Later I got some better CDs when in London on EMI Harvest.

DEEP PURPLE - they are young as ever, I like them:

First I rescued "DEEP PURPLE Made in Japan" from a scratchy LP to a CD. One of the best live concerts I have. (Next I get in mind "The Who live at Leeds". Their DELUXE Edition is sonically superior to the 25th anniversary edition.)

Recently there was released "DP Made in Japan the remastered edition". It is worth to buy. It sounds better than the Japan version with three CDs Tokyo, Osaka1+2.

Deep Purple Machine head is released as hybrid multichannel SACD. Not my favorit but I do not want to miss it.

Finally DP in rock anniversary edition, a reminiscense to my time of youth. Pretty good, so I do not fetch my LP.

NP: Speed King
    OT: Today I got a notification from Wolfgang's Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger

Recently there was released "DP Made in Japan the remastered edition". It is worth to buy. It sounds better than the Japan version with three CDs Tokyo, Osaka1+2.

You don't say? I'll check it out.

Deep Purple Machine head is released as hybrid multichannel SACD. Not my favorit but I do not want to miss it.
    I have the DVDA disc of Machine Head.

Finally DP in rock anniversary edition, a reminiscense to my time of youth. Pretty good, so I do not fetch my LP.
    I've got the "signed" CD edition of "In Rock" with extra tracks. Might be we are writing about the same thing. Speed King is still one of my all time favorite hard rock compositions (minus the drugs and immoral behavior part, ha ha).

language problem

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    You don't say?
    So short and I do not get it. Even not with the help of my little friend "pda.leo.org". Does it mean in this context not recommending?

All are good taken for their own, the Japan (Tokio, Osaka1+2)version has all concerts. The remastered version seems to have more highs.
    Yes, "signed".

You don't say

It's an English idiom which can be fairly straightforward or ironic.

As I used it, it's a straightforward idiom meaning, "Hmm. That's surprising, I didn't know."

If I had already known about the DP master edition, then it would have been used ironically as in "you have just stated the obvious." However, since I didn't know about it, I'm going to look for it and try to listen to it.

Today's playlist includes: Doobies, J. Geils Band, Grand Funk, Rare Earth, Thin Lizzy, Mitch Ryder & DW, Kiss ( I hate to admit to it), Buckcherry, Edgar Winter, Utopia, Pink, Supertramp, Sugarloaf, Chicago, Yes, Orleans, Blues Image, Tonic, Mountain, U2, the Spinners, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Cheap Trick, The Police, Mason Proffit, Natalie Merchant, Loverboy, Vanilla Fudge, Mountain, Derek & and the Donimos, Tom Petty & the HB

Music to work by.

so a whole night of devin townsend awaits me.
    open a bottle of laphroaig (age 12 years) and slip away
    finally i have a pair of 604 8g's....there not easy to find in the netherlands

accidentially started up "STAND UP" by Jethro Tull on the PC...wow - it was so good that I transferred it to the pod.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Speaking of Joni Mitchell and Deep Purple, I was just listening last night to one of my all time favorite albums, definitely one of my favorite purple albums, the one simply titled Deep Purple, the one with Hieronymus Bosch on the cover. Chasing Shadows still floors me.

My dad took me out to my first concert ever back in Regina Saskatchewan. He said: "I've heard she's a good musician and want you to hear her with me." Could be he couldn't talk my mom into going, lol. This was early-mid sixties. It was downstairs at a little folk club called The Mouse Trap. Here's Joni set up in a corner, no stage, no mike; she picked up her guitar, played, sang, and I was in love. I was always a sucker for blonds though.

Lar

Raising Sand

Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - was a gamble and on sale. I enjoy both of
    their music... together worked for me too. I don't expect it will for everyone.
    I wish they would have mixed it up style-wise a bit more, but there's a nice
    low-end on this recording if you're system is up to it (separating kick drum
    from acoustic bass, for example). -grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - was a gamble and on sale. -grumpy
    Heard Robert Plant/Alison Krauss doing "Gypsy Woman" on XM...not too bad.

----------------------------------------------------------

was listening to this album today, anyone else appreciate them as much as I do ??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Heard Robert Plant/Alison Krauss doing "Gypsy Woman" on XM...not too bad.

----------------------------------------------------------

was listening to this album today, anyone else appreciate them as much as I do ??
    Pink Floyd's Pulse?
    Well, I wasn't as impressed with that as I was with some of their earlier work ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Pink Floyd's Pulse?
    Oh what a faux pas....mistaking Ian Anderson ("it was a new day yesterday, but it's an old day now..") for Floyd ...Its OK, HJ ..I wont tell anyone if you dont.

STAND UP was loaded into the editor because sometimes the Nano 2g gets finicky and will show a tune but not play it...so I have to delete it from the pod ...load it into editor, save it again ..let iTunes reacquire it and upload back to the nano and then all is well.

OFF SUBJECT.. sold the recently restored L-26's last night...very impressed with the way they image..they are really my favorite 2 way bookshelf.

I like old tull - Standup and Benefit - but when I want to listen to "Teacher", I had to load it from my old vinyl because I'm used to the US mix of the song and the CD features the UK mix and ... its just wrong somehow

But its hard to reCognize the old grooves from the waveform editor image ...

Oh what a faux pas....mistaking Ian Anderson ("it was a new day yesterday, but it's an old day now..") for Floyd ...Its OK, HJ ..I wont tell anyone if you dont.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Something New

I've generally reported on relistening to old stuff, in some cases, ancient, but here's a new one: Queen Latifah--"The Dana Owens Album." I can describe this only as an unexpected treat. She's sure come a long way from hip hop.

Thread Information