60s R&B
    60s Soul
    60s MOD/Psych
    70s NY Punk
    70s New Wave/No Wave
    40s,50s,60s Blues
    Power Pop

Some fave artists at this moment are

The Byrds, Pretty Things, Stooges, Magic Numbers, Television, MC5, The Who, Bluethings, Bobby Fuller 4, Otis Redding, The Bees, Rolling Stones, Elmore James, The Nerves, Real Kids, Modern Lovers, Jimmy Reed.........OK, I need to stop now.

ALL preferably on vinyl

Mozart Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major, K 467 on vinyl, Shure V15, Thorens 125, CJ PV9, AR VT60, JBL 4333a, red wine.

Rush

R30 DVD and beer and what-not!

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Pulse 10/20/94 on LD can not find it on DVD its their best. Good Rum and Cokes

2pair
    Most recent purchases:

Devadip Carlos Santana: Lotus. A three LP live set from Japan..
    Thelonious Monk:Misterioso. LP
    Kenny Burrel: God Bless the Child Lp
    Bobby Mcferrin: Spontaneous Inventions LP
    B.B.King: Live at Cook County Jail ..yep LP

..I use a DUAL 1019 that has just been completely restored by Joel, 'The Turntable Guy' Thorner, at "The Turntable Factory". Grado Red..
    http://www.theturntablefactory.com/index.html

I don't drink much, but there is always an ashtray near when I'm listening....
    Last edited by 2pair; 01-28-2006 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Added the Link

DVD

Pink floyd- Delicate sounds of thunder album DVD.at the moment. Drinking a cup of coffee. while playing chess against the computer. Damn thing almost always beats me on this level. LMAO

Nightbrace
    Jim, if you would have read through my post completely, as well as the last post, both exemplify the fact that I truly think the SACD, HDCD, and even DVD-audio format, when properly utilized, is noticeably better to regular CD's, the problem is that I'd have to spend over $3000 to get SACD's to sound better than regular CD's with the equipment I have. Its just not worth it for me, but those of you with the means to tap its potential, its truly about as good as it gets.

The entry level Sony ES SACD players could not compare to the same recording of a regular CD on my current equipment, which even in itself is not the greatest, the problem is NOT the technology itself, but he proper utilization of this technology into relatively cost effective players. Besides the extra expense, I just don't think its worth it with the minimal number of recordings and the lack of interest this format has gotten.

CD-SACD?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbrace
    Jim, if you would have read through my post completely, as well as the last post, both exemplify the fact that I truly think the SACD, HDCD, and even DVD-audio format, when properly utilized, is noticeably better to regular CD's, the problem is that I'd have to spend over $3000 to get SACD's to sound better than regular CD's with the equipment I have. Its just not worth it for me, but those of you with the means to tap its potential, its truly about as good as it gets.

The entry level Sony ES SACD players could not compare to the same recording of a regular CD on my current equipment, which even in itself is not the greatest, the problem is NOT the technology itself, but he proper utilization of this technology into relatively cost effective players. Besides the extra expense, I just don't think its worth it with the minimal number of recordings and the lack of interest this format has gotten.
    Yes actually i did read your post 3-4 times just to make sure that i was seeing what i was. Thats why i said I just dont beleive it. you said that unless vinyl is perfect it will never come close to the quality of a cd. you said that once someone heard a cd player that was modified with $9 dacs you wonder why someone would even bother with vinyl. you said that the same album on cd sounds better than the same SACD on your nad. you said that you beleive that you would have to spend over 3k to make a sacd sound better than your nad cd player. i happen to disagree with you is all on every above account is all. But thats ok, we can disagree.The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same way. what is important is what sounds good to your ears not mine. its kinda like tastes in music, its very subjective. what i like you may not. It sounds like you enjoy most of your system. the way it is and thats great. ROCK ON. REGARDS JIM.

Tommy-The Who-SACD

Back in High School, I'm thinkin' junior year we had a music teacher who was pretty far out there and turned us all onto TOMMY. Released in the US May 23rd 1969. (feelin' old now?) Recently re-recorded and remastered by Pete Townshend. Holy shit does this sound good ...25 tracks of pure flashback
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

Quote Originally Posted by invstbiker
    Back in High School, I'm thinkin' junior year we had a music teacher who was pretty far out there and turned us all onto TOMMY. Released in the US May 23rd 1969. (feelin' old now?) Recently re-recorded and remastered by Pete Townshend. Holy shit does this sound good ...25 tracks of pure flashback
    I bet it does! But what kind of bike do you ride? Can you get me one of those One Eyed Jacks T's at a LH forum discount? lol.

HF, me-Roadking, wifey-fatboy. I'll make you a deal...make a $10 donation to this website, pm me with your address info and I'll make it happen.
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

Wait till you hear "Quadrophenia" again

Thumbs up See me, feel me

Are you talking about the DVD-A version at 96/24 surround and stereo? I picked it up a couple of months ago at the Good Guys death party for under $10. Sweet deal.

Did you check out Pete T.'s interview on the disc?

And yes, SUPERBEE, "A beach is a place where a man can feel..."

It's hard to beat that in mono, stereo, quadrophonic, Dolby 5.1 or DVD-A, vinyl, tape, DAT, miniDisc, CD, MP3, AAC, or whatever. Ultimately it's the music.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    It's hard to beat that in mono, stereo, quadrophonic, Dolby 5.1 or DVD-A, vinyl, tape, DAT, miniDisc, CD, MP3, AAC, or whatever. Ultimately it's the music.
    TD-

Cut and paste that in all threads! Well said, dude!

Recent listening:

Checkfield - A View From The Edge
    Neil Larsen - Through Any Window
    Toto - The Seventh One
    Acoustic Alchemy - American English
    Toni Braxton - Secrets
    I love the way music makes me feel.

Thread Information