Page 696 of 721 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Inspired by this white vinyl, and on top of that absolutely fitting to Car Friday , some music from Down Under:

Name:  20190419_122211_kl.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  99.6 KB Name:  20190419_122257_kl.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  44.4 KB

Best regards!

This record is about 50 years old. Both main participants have passed since. How would you call this delicious mélange? Is it flamrock? Or is it rockengo?

Listen to track A1 - Inca Song!

Name:  20190419_171642_kl.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  132.0 KB Name:  20190419_171609_kl.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  37.4 KB

Best regards!

Joe Beck

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    This record is about 50 years old. Both main participants have passed since. How would you call this delicious mélange? Is it flamrock? Or is it rockengo?

Listen to track A1 - Inca Song!

Name:  20190419_171642_kl.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  132.0 KB Name:  20190419_171609_kl.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  37.4 KB

Best regards!

Look at my 09-16-2017 post on this tread!
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

OST, The Graduate, 1967, CBS Germany, S 70042

The non-S&G tracks are great on this one. Especially Dave Grusin's "A great effect" B2. I couldn't find out, who played this fat sax and the drum solo. What wonderful jazz tune. Great effect...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

I generally don't even look at 7in./45's ,

but took a gamble on these 2 for 50 cents total. The Odeon was a Paris copy.

That drawing of The Monkees is ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Look at my 09-16-2017 post on this tread!
    Yeah, that's veeery kewl, man !

Best regards!

Definitely not LZ's greatest work. John Paul Jones obviously enjoyed his new toy too much, the Yamaha GX-1 300 pounds monster synthesizer, which doesn't exactly fit to LZ's music. But what else should he do while Jimmy Page was heavily on the needle in those times and he was responsible for the recording sessions almost alone?

But there's a real gem: Listen to Fool In The Rain, which clearly shows why John Bonham can be called the best rock drummer of all times, even when on booze!

Name:  20170925_181208.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  59.2 KB

Best regards!

A letter for "Dear John" Paul Jones

Definitely not LZ's greatest work. John Paul Jones obviously enjoyed his new toy too much, the Yamaha GX-1 300 pounds monster synthesizer, which doesn't exactly fit to LZ's music. But what else should he do while Jimmy Page was heavily on the needle in those times and he was responsible for the recording sessions almost alone?

But there's a real gem: Listen to Fool In The Rain, which clearly shows why John Bonham can be called the best rock drummer of all times, even when on booze!

Name:  20170925_181208.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  59.2 KB

Best regards!
    A very interesting concept from the master sleeve designers, Hipgnosis. The sleeve "proper" features a man in a bar burning a "Dear John" letter, watched by a bemused barman and a couple of ladies in the bar, whilst the piano player bashes out a tune of some sort. The scenario has been photographed from 6 different viewpoints within the bar and the 6 different sleeve variations have been created (with the letters A-F at the top of the spine denoting each variation).
    To diguise the buyers which sleeve variation they were purchasing, an outer brown bag was added - creating a sense of mystery when the sleeve design was revealed.
    The (no doubt expensive) concept was further enhanced by the inclusion of an inner sleeve that featured "magic ink". Gently wet the inner sleeve and different colours would appear on the design: the Dollar bill, the cigar in the ashtray and b/w the burnt "Dear John" letter and the broken glass.
    The goal for all Zeppelin collectors is to collect pristine copies of all 6 versions, complete with outer brown bags and with uncoloured inner sleeves.
    "Dear John" Paul, the keyboard parts you played are too cheesy to accept! Important for this (mishandled by "Dear John") album: the vocals of Robert Plant are the best he ever did with Led Zeppelin (also on Presence LP) - a matured distinctive voice with a range of lower level as usual. That means: less ambulance horn screamings! But these crappy keyboards! Let's burn the letter, "Dear John". You have broken the glass. Actually this album was the swan song (Schwanengesang) of LZ...

Yes, I have only that copy of In Through The Out Door that has been sitting on my more nearly 50 years old WEGA console in the pic. Definitely, the music isn't that interesting that I could have feel being motivated to search for every variant and spend tons of money.

To be honest, this - pristine - copy has been part of a record collection that I've bought by chance about three years ago, together with HOTH with the blurb (and many others...) that I've been showing yet. As LZ definitely had their creative summit behind them, I wasn't too keen to buy it when it was published in 1978.

Listen to All My Love. It's about the tragic death of Robert Plant's young son Carac in 1975, but it appears to be constructed just for maximum WAF. Even a modulation doesn't miss, same as in German schlagers. Unbearable, imho. Even Jimmy Page has stated in more recent years: »This wasn't us.«

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Actually this album was the swan song (Schwanengesang) of LZ...
    I consider LZ1 to be their pinnacle or GH album , it was downhill from there.

Pat Metheny, Secret Story, 1992, Geffen Germany, GEF 24 468, 2 LP

While listening to "The longest summer" B1, i remember the last summer. It was very warm and lasted extraordinary long here in middle Europe. They say it's because of global warming...

Downhill

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I consider LZ1 to be their pinnacle or GH album , it was downhill from there.
    Downhill racing makes more fun. You're lonely at the top...

Art Garfunkel, Lefty, 1988, CBS USA, 7464 40942 1

Sometimes i think, the flute on "When a man loves a woman" B1 is also played by that cheesy keyboard, and not by Jeremy Steig, as noted on back cover credits note. You can play everything by synthesizer. Nearly everything...

Listen to All My Love. It's about the tragic death of Robert Plant's young son Carac in 1975, but it appears to be constructed just for maximum WAF. Even a modulation doesn't miss, same as in German schlagers. Unbearable, imho. Even Jimmy Page has stated in more recent years: »This wasn't us.«

Best regards!
    He's not the only one in that boat.

Clapton did the cheesy "Tears in Heaven" after his son fell out of a 53rd-floor window of a New York City apartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_Heaven

Yes, I have only that copy of In Through The Out Door that has been sitting on my more nearly 50 years old WEGA console in the pic. Definitely, the music isn't that interesting that I could have feel being motivated to search for every variant and spend tons of money.

Best regards!
    The best thing on that album (to me) is : I'm Gonna Crawl

Thread Information