Page 690 of 721 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Marc Cohn, Same, 1991, Atlantic Germany, 7567-82178-1

One of the last new great singers/songwriters with remarkable vocal skill. And what wonderful music paintings esp. "Walking in Memphis" A1. Waiting for the King down in the jungle room...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Funky Kings, Same, 1976, Arista USA, AL 4078

Produced by Paul A. Rothchild. Recorded at Elektra Studios, Los Angeles. Jules Shear, voc, g. Here is the origin of this wonderful Jack Tempchin song: "Slow dancing" A6. Still a precious gem.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Loudon Wainwright III, Fame And Wealth, 1982, Demon England, FIEND 5

Why should we buy this album of Wainwright No.3? We have Dylan No.1:that's enough superb lyrics for the next 3 centuries. Listen to "Reader and Advisor" A1 with Richard Thompson on guitar and mandolin:actually this is some kind of "Sister Morphine"!

Birth Control, Here And Now, 2018. H'Art Germany, 180 026

One of the most important Krautrock bands. Some 50 years old good German Sauerkraut rehashed. Fat Hammond. Listen to Albie Donnelly's sax at the end of "Me and my car" A3.

Ray Charles, Do The Twist With, 1961, Metronome Germany, HLP 10024

Listen to the voice of Margie Hendrix on "Tell the truth"A4. Do the twist with Margie...

Jean-Luc Ponty - King Kong / Plays The Music Of Frank Zappa
    (1970, World Pacific)

Music for electric violin and low budget orchestra composed and arranged by Frank Zappa.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Andromeda, Same, 1970, Vogue Germany, LDVS 17205

From Köln. Space rock by Peter Schild,kb and Günther Steinborn, dr, assisted by Tony Hendrik, guit and Gerry Fleming, bass. Engineered by (later) famous Conny Plank. "Fasten your seat belts for your blast off to ANDROMEDA at a speed of 33 rotations per minute! Have a "groovy" trip." (cit:liner notes) Listen to a little masterpiece: "Rockets" B2.

Brubeck Desmond - s/t
    (1952, Fantasy) 1956 pressing

Bill Black's Combo, Saxy Jazz, 1960, Hi London Canada, HL 12002

After playing on 21 gold records with Elvis, Bill gathered together some players and took center stage. "Teen terrific for dancing....". On this Canadian pressing the word "teen" was removed on front cover! Look at the front cover art....
    Guitar played by Reggie Young.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Been enjoying this a couple of more times and when I was last on our library's website,
    noticed that they had the remastered CD. Put a hold on it and picked up yesterday.

Funny, didn't hear it sound any better than the vinyl. . Must have been recorded well
    and not really in need of remastering.
    Tom, I recall that I first heard the Allman Brothers Band album way back in 1971 and bought it. It was one of the few if any "live" recordings that I liked. I prefer listening to studio recorded albums because I didn't care for the quality of live recordings at the time or the audience noise. "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and "Stormy Monday" are my favorites.
    I do have the 2 CD set released in 1992 which I haven't listened to for some time.
    The only other "live" recordings that I purchased on LP that I can recall were The Woodstock 3 LP set, The Who's "Live At Leeds" and Iron Butterfly's Live album. Iron Butterfly's Live album didn't sound good at all. I might have played it once but after that it sat in its album cover.

Larry

Art Blakey, Jazz Messengers, 1961, Impulse USA, AS 7

Rereleased in 2000, remastered, 180gr. vinyl. Great dynamics. Liner notes: "Also they invariably provide the listener with that illusion of artistic cohesiveness, because they imbue almost everything they play with that intensity of feeling and sense of "now" that is essential to good Jazz."
    What is good Jazz?

Johnny Winter, Woodstock, 2009, Legacy EU, MOVLP2032

Most music was not recorded very well at Woodstock Festival. But this one is superb IMHO!
    Recorded by Eddie Kramer and Lee Osborne. Listen to "Tobacco Road" B2 with Edgar Winter.
    Tommy Shannon, b. Pure energy.

The Doors - Strange Days
    (1967, Elektra) Monarch

Neil Young - Harvest
    (1972, Reprise)

Actual Lyrics, I Love This

Name:  french Navy.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  21.9 KB

Thread Information