Page 58 of 721 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

James Taylor - Greatest Hits.

CTA - Freeform Guitar

(fortunately I was on the mountain bike with the pod in the middle of traffic and cud barely hear it, sometimes you put on more than you wanted to..)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    CTA - Freeform Guitar

(fortunately I was on the mountain bike with the pod in the middle of traffic and cud barely hear it, sometimes you put on more than you wanted to..)
    socal purples.....im a man..........i remember that,at a house up the street listening to the first component stereo i ever saw.just getting into it when all were called to another room to hear some guy noodling on bass for what seemed like an eternity........no chance to flee...... noooooooooooo...........at one point i dared to speak and was hushed with a reminder
    'he's groovin' man"

from socal purples to deep purple..............fireball.........i almost remember it.it was a great live show and blackmore......................damn...stuff from in rock,and machine head..........openning acts rory gallager and fleetwood mac.but for now the album will have to do.

Late at night

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    gotta agree that stills was a huge part of the reason that csny made some great music.glad to hear that it plays in peoria.im hot and cold w/dr john on any given day but as far as the blues bros albums go i just could not find anything that improved on the originals.id take sam and dave any old day.crosby and nash only make it for me in the context of their other bands and the solo stuff just eludes me.young is still the go to guy for me and has been since ,well, forever
    When I really want to go back to my idealic youth. I put on 'Down By The River' from the album 'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere'. It puts me in a groove that melts away the days rat race. Truly medicinal for me.

This would be a very good time to return to topic.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

there was something on XM today that was very bluesy and the female lead sounded a lot like Janis Joplin. I glanced at the title and the group was :

------- the crows. I dont know what the blanks are, I dont think it was "counting" , but would like to find more from them.

is it safe to come back now?..........maybe i gotta borrow some camo from the wolf............oh yeah.........topic.........must focus........decade..........neil young..............bet ya that one plays in peoria

there was something on XM today that was very bluesy and the female lead sounded a lot like Janis Joplin. I glanced at the title and the group was :

------- the crows. I dont know what the blanks are, I dont think it was "counting" , but would like to find more from them.
    there used to be a band ............stone the crows but i dont know if thats the one,but maybe amazon has a clip.........

is it safe to come back now?..........maybe i gotta borrow some camo from the wolf
    SW's current camo is ORANGE, check the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLRaiser View Post
    When I really want to go back to my idealic youth. I put on 'Down By The River' from the album 'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere'. It puts me in a groove that melts away the days rat race. Truly medicinal for me.
    if you dont already have it try decade.........im not a big fan of best of's but that one has a great lineup.........like a hurricane,from american stars and bars is a particular favorite

Just finished up Carlos Santana & Wayne Shorter DVD Live at the 1988 Montreux Jazz Festival. This is like 3 supergroups in one and the sound is amazing.

Also http://brianauger.com/discography/disco.html

Check this out especially Butterfly, Bumpin on Sunset and Freddies Flight -- but they are all good

Just ordered Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Live at the Baked Potato DVD

Comments to follow.

there used to be a band ............stone the crows but i dont know if thats the one,but maybe amazon has a clip.........
    Jim
    you are amazing ...that was it. maggie Bell really does a good Janice. Deep Trax really sends down some gems from the satellites sometimes.

Jim
    you are amazing ...that was it. maggie Bell really does a good Janice. Deep Trax really sends down some gems from the satellites sometimes.
    and while we're on the subject gotta dig out cheap thrills........i heard janis does a pretty fair janis too....

Obsolete

Mr. Young

I checked out the span of years late last night.

Then I popped over to Youtube afterwards and watched Nicolette Larson sing her version of Lotta Love.

It seems her original video was finally pulled off Youtube and only her Solid Gold version remains.

Neil mentions Nicolette on Heart of Gold.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information