Page 57 of 721 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

Just watched DVD of "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" -1973

(James Coburn , Kris Kristofferson. Bob Dylan)

the whole soundtrack is Bob Dylan and I had never heard many of the songs except for "Knocking on Heavens Door" ....was really a decent soundtrack and a hoot to see a young 31 y.o. Dylan.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Just watched DVD of "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" -1973

(James Coburn , Kris Kristofferson. Bob Dylan)

the whole soundtrack is Bob Dylan and I had never heard many of the songs except for "Knocking on Heavens Door" ....was really a decent soundtrack and a hoot to see a young 31 y.o. Dylan.
    i just bought that...and fat city,with stacey keach..........scarecrow with hackman and pacino,atlantic city......and john lennon v the usa

Creedence Clearwarter Revival's remastered box set. Interesting to see how their music changes over the years. But wow, they could play!
    Also, Nana Mouskouri singing jazz in New York. I particularly like her rendition of Hold Me, Thrill Me. Both great audio-wise, as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Creedence Clearwarter Revival's remastered box set.
    The Creedence Clearwater REVISITED double CD is petty nice too, same great sound, but sonically much better as recorded in the last couple of years. see link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Recollection-C...8895961&sr=8-1

I saw CCR in SF at a horse racing track in '68/69. They previewed a song from their upcoming record ..."I put a spell on you" . Canned Heat played too. Ended up being a FREE concert,

The tickets were sold out and too many were waiting to come in, SO they just trampled the fence over and we all walked in.

found all this when searching for the date (all I remember was CCR & CH, must have been "elsewhere" for some of the other sets)

.................................................. .................................................. .

San Francisco International Pop Festival, Alameda Co. Fairgrounds, Pleasanton CA 10/26-27/1968. CCR w/Johnny Rivers, Jose Feliciano, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple, Canned Heat, and others
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams, by Chilliwack.

... (all I remember was CCR & CH, must have been "elsewhere" for some of the other sets)

Those were the days, huh? My first experience of a festival-type concert was the first California Jam at Orange Speedway in Southern California back in '74. I remember Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, and maybe Seals & Croft...but I was "elsewhere", too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Those were the days, huh? My first experience of a festival-type concert was the first California Jam at Orange Speedway in Southern California back in '74. I remember Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, and maybe Seals & Croft...but I was "elsewhere", too.
    Its weird , I saw Ravi Shankar , took photos (still have the negs) , but cant figure out when and where it was. was going to school in the Bay area, geeze there were great concerts constantly , all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    Dreams, Dreams, Dreams, by Chilliwack.
    funny but i just found their best of for 6 canuckbucks mostly for nostalgia.back in the day i had both albums of the collectors featuring a young bill henderson.........

Its weird , I saw Ravi Shankar , took photos (still have the negs) , but cant figure out when and where it was. was going to school in the Bay area, geeze there were great concerts constantly , all over the place.
    i have the album from monterey pop another from around there and at about the same time,as well as the monterey pop dvd.summer of 67 methinks........still its said that if you remember the 60s you werent really there..............

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    funny but i just found their best of for 6 canuckbucks mostly for nostalgia.back in the day i had both albums of the collectors featuring a young bill henderson.........

I have 3 of there albums with Bill Henderson (not only vocalist and guitarist, but also produced the 3 albums).
    Dreams, Dreams, Dreams
    Wanna be a Star
    Opus X

Was turned on to them back in the late 70's by a guy I use to work with. Loved there music every since..

before there was chilliwack there were the collectors,im not sure where they were based out of but i believe they were among the pre eminent frisco ballroom bands of the era.showing my age here............

Flashbacks

David Gates and The Best of Bread.

Ackkkk - the horror!!

Thats almost as bad as watching Access Hollywood or Howeird Stern with audio on those Lovery speakers ...

What next ... Barely Mantilope, Wayne Neuter? Olivia Neuter John?

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    David Gates and The Best of Bread.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Ackkkk - the horror!!

Thats almost as bad as watching Access Hollywood or Howeird Stern with audio on those Lovery speakers ...

What next ... Barely Mantilope, Wayne Neuter? Olivia Neuter John?
    maintain heather, maintain........after all barry manilow is said to be kind to his mom

today is some kind of anniversary of something about gil evans but i didnt catch it,but they did do sketches of spain on college radio so i stayed in the truck with a starbucks latte,turned it up...............ah!!!

Thread Information