Page 531 of 721 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

A forgotten gem

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Charley D. And Milo - s/t
    (1970, Epic) -1C / -1D

includes a cover of Dylan's I'll Keep It With Mine. interesting country folk-psychedelic.

This is a very rare one. A gem, not possible to get in our old Europe. Tell more about this one! Producer? Musicians? No Youtube connections please. Youtube videos are mostly blocked here.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    What means IPA? My favorite beer is the local "Schützengarten" from St. Gallen. Only barley, hop and water. No further ingredients allowed: Reinheitsgebot= it must be pure. It's the same as I like the music: keep it simple!
    IPA stands for India Pale Ale. When the sun never set on the British Empire, sailing a ship from England to India involved a really long sea voyage. It was hard to keep water fresh even crossing the Atlantic so they carried beer instead. But regular English ales would not last the trip to India either so they had to evolve a style with more hops which lead to the creation of IPA's. Today with the explosion in microbreweries and craft brews in the USA, the hop heads are all trying to outdo each other making the hoppiest beer possible. There are double IPA's and imperial IPA's. In general I love them as long as they don't get too caried away and let the alcohol go too high. While mush is maid over the German beer purity law, in reality, nothing else is needed to make beer and rarely used except for some of those awful Belgium creations.

But last night, there was a voice like heaven and hell.......: Annie Lennox!
    I must confess, that i didn't like the Eurythmics in the 80ies. Too much synthesizer junk. I never ever had put my various Eurythmics LP's of my collection on my turntable. But today i will try. The result?
    I must confess, i wasn't right then with my opinion. Concerning the voice of Annie Lennox: she is simply one of the best white female singers and performers!
    I have a DMM Eurythmics album that may be the best sounding vinyl that is in my collection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_metal_mastering

Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) is an analogue audio disc mastering technique jointly developed by two German companies, Telefunken-Decca (TelDec) and Georg Neumann GmbH
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I have a DMM Eurythmics album that may be the best sounding vinyl that is in my collection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_metal_mastering

Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) is an analogue audio disc mastering technique jointly developed by two German companies, Telefunken-Decca (TelDec) and Georg Neumann GmbH
    I owned/own a nice clutch of the so called "holy grails" like "Flamenco Fever" and Sheffield Lab's "The King James Version"

Recently sold off a good lot of them; I'll keep the Harry James until I die (it's that good sonically) Very solid performance for a well aged and self-embalmed Harry too despite some of the questionable literature choices

I've had my "Flamenco Fever" up for sale for ages now, at about half the going price, so far no takers

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I owned/own a nice clutch of the so called "holy grails" like "Flamenco Fever" and Sheffield Lab's "The King James Version"

Recently sold off a good lot of them; I'll keep the Harry James until I die (it's that good sonically) Very solid performance for a well aged and self-embalmed Harry too despite some of the questionable literature choices

I've had my "Flamenco Fever" up for sale for ages now, at about half the going price, so far no takers
    Is this the M&K Realtime by Rosa?

Hill, Barbata & Ethridge, L.A. Getaway, 1971, Atlantic Germany, ATL 40 310

Joel Scott Hill, John Barbata and Chris Ethridge. Here's a fantastic album which seems to have fallen through the cracks. A smooth blend of rock, blues and soul. Various famous players had also big fun in the studio: Leon Russell, John Sebastian, Sneaky Pete Kleinow,
    Booker T. Jones, Dr. John, Spooner Oldham, Larry Knechtel, et al. Listen to track A4, Dr. John's "Craney Crow". Produced by Paul A. Rothchild. German pressing with info-folder. A lost masterpiece.........
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Quote Originally Posted by quindecima View Post
    Is this the M&K Realtime by Rosa?
    Yes

What means IPA? My favorite beer is the local "Schützengarten" from St. Gallen. Only barley, hop and water. No further ingredients allowed: Reinheitsgebot= it must be pure. It's the same as I like the music: keep it simple!
    IPA is a popular hipster drink these days. :|

I might have a chance to sample your favorite beer, Fritz, as I might be in Switzerland for a few days in late July. I'm meeting up with family in Northern Italy, Piedmont, where they are staying for a couple of weeks, still figuring out flights but I'd like to either start or end the trip in the land of chocolate and cuckoo clocks.

Wikipedia:

India pale ale
    (IPA) is a hoppy beer style within the broader category of pale ale.
    The first known use of the term "India pale ale" is an advertisement in the Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser in 1829.[1] It was also referred to as pale ale as prepared for India, India ale, pale India ale, or pale export India ale

EDIT: I see that Dr. Gallup already gave a good overview of IPAs.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

This is a very rare one. A gem, not possible to get in our old Europe. Tell more about this one! Producer? Musicians? No Youtube connections please. Youtube videos are mostly blocked here.
    from the web: Charlie D. and Milo (Charles D. Harris and Lon Milo Duquette) were an early 1970s American Psychedelic Folk-Rock recording group. The duo released two singles (Back Bay Blu and The Word is Love), and a self-titled album on Epic Records. While they never achieved significant acclaim, they are considered a notable influence on music of the day. Their songs were recorded by various other artists and groups.

Joel Scott Hill, John Barbata and Chris Ethridge. Here's a fantastic album which seems to have fallen through the cracks. A smooth blend of rock, blues and soul. Various famous players had also big fun in the studio: Leon Russell, John Sebastian, Sneaky Pete Kleinow,
    Booker T. Jones, Dr. John, Spooner Oldham, Larry Knechtel, et al. Listen to track A4, Dr. John's "Craney Crow". Produced by Paul A. Rothchild. German pressing with info-folder. A lost masterpiece.........
    great guitar rock! I have a copy in VG shape, the search continues for a nicer one.

Keith Jarrett - Expectations
    (1972, Columbia) -1B / -1A

nice. listening to sides 2/3. w/ Charlie Haden, Paul Motian, Airto Moreira, Dewey Redman. Enjoying with dinner and a nice IPA.

Emily Remler - Firefly
    (1981, Concord Jazz)

so nice.

Ronnie Hawkins And The Hawks, Hello Again...Mary Lou, 1987, Epic US, PEC 80127

There's a "Rock" side (A) and a "Roll" side (B). Guitars by Jim Atkinson and Robin Hawkins (Ronnie's son?). Beer'o'clock music. Many ladies are featured in the lyrics and titles of the songs. Beautiful front cover art. Fancy car. Where's the driver? The lady holds the key........

Dolly Parton Linda Ronstadt Emmylou Harris, Trio, 1987, WB Germany, 925 491-1

Recorded 30 years ago. Beautiful harmonies. Albert Lee guitar. David Lindley various string instruments. Listen to Ry Cooder playing tremolo guitar in the Phil Spector song on track A3 " To know him is to love him". Beautiful world......
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 04-14-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: writing error

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express - s/t
    (1971, RCA)

keyboard driven jazz/rock fusion, emphasis on the Rock.

Thread Information