Page 520 of 721 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Bobby "Blue" Bland - Two Steps From The Blues
    (1961, Duke) '80s MCA reissue

great stuff - electric blues and R&B.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Herb Ellis, Joe Pass - Seven, Come Eleven
    (1974, Concord) -1B/-1B, cover stamped DEMONSTRATION NOT FOR SALE

smoking jazz guitar interplay from two of the greats. with Ray Brown, bass.

Joe Walsh, So What, 1974, abc Dunhill US, DSD 50171

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Joe Walsh - So What
    (1974, ABC Dunhill) "that's no banana, that's my nose" KENDUN B/ KENDUN A in the deadwax, sides 1/2

probably my favorite of Joe's early solo LPs. Scorching guitar. Purchased new. I didn't know at the time the story behind Song For Emma, the last track on the album. I assumed it was about a friend but I later learned the tragic story his 3 year old daughter who died in a car wreck on the way to school. if you listen carefully you can hear him say "bye Emma" after the final "Goodbye". very moving beautiful tribute.
    On my US copy 2 words of the deadwax inscription are different, as follows: banany/noze. Unfortunately my US pressing is insufficient: poor dynamics. I try to hear any clear drums, hi hats or cymbals. There aren't. I cannot attest acceptable dynamics to this one, though the vinyl is in mint condition. Dead sound. How is your copy?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen, Country Casanova, 1973, Paramount D, 94579

Country rock with horns, pedal steel and fiddle. Everything is possible. Roaring 20ies meet 70ies. This one swings! German pressing with superb dynamics.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Commander Cody, Live From Deep In The Heart Of Texas, 1974, Paramount D, 062-95 200

Clap hands, here comes Cody! Recorded Nov. 1973 live at The Armadillo World Headquarters, Austin, Texas. Great swinging festival of country rock blues boogie jazz.

Commander Cody, Sleazy Roadside Stories, 1988, Relix US, RRLP 2018

The Lost Planet Airmen was a fun band: if you hear them you also have fun. And so they had. Hippie country rock r'n'b blues western swing. Does humor belong in music? Yessss. Recorded live December 1973 Armadillo WHQ, Austin, Texas by Wally Heider. Fine guitar work by Billy Kirchen and John Tichy. Sleazy not at all.....

Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen, Same, 1975, WB US, BS 2847

Still great fun in 1975 with Cody at Warner Bros. records. Horns by the famous Tower of Power Section. Listen to B1 "Hawaii Blues".
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 02-21-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: writing error

Rodney Crowell, Street Language, 1986, CBS UK, 57021

So many wonderful songs superbly produced by Booker T. Jones. For a voice that fits perfectly together with these melodies. All killers, no fillers. A lighthouse of the 80ies in USA! Listen to B4 "The best i can". Yes, it's simply the best.

The Soft Machine - Milestones
    (1973, Probe) Compilation of early Softs LPs, Made in UK for export/Netherlands pressing

listening to Volume 1, released in 1968. fantastic psychedelic jazz rock from Canterbury.

So What

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    On my US copy 2 words of the deadwax inscription are different, as follows: banany/noze. Unfortunately my US pressing is insufficient: poor dynamics. I try to hear any clear drums, hi hats or cymbals. There aren't. I cannot attest acceptable dynamics to this one, though the vinyl is in mint condition. Dead sound. How is your copy?
    My copy has the same inscription as yours. Sorry it was a lazy copy/paste from someone's description. This copy was not bad but did not have the dynamics that I remember for title. I recall that it was in the same class as the mid-70 Fleetwood Mac reprise titles for dynamics. I guess this one is not a first pressing, I picked it up for $2 earlier in the week.

Nice Rodney Crowell record, btw. I have a few that I need to listen to - I also have his book from a few years back - Chinaberry Streets - in the stack of music books to read.

Spring - s/t
    (1972, United Artists)

a cool find last week. produced in part by, and recorded in Brian Wilson's home studio. Spring includes Diane and Marilyn Rovell, aka Marilyn Wilson - Brian's then wife. includes various Beach Boys contributing songs and performing. Thinkin Bout You Baby sounds like a demo version of Darlin' :

Linn County - Till The Break Of Dawn
    (1970, Phillips)

Psych flavored Blues rock. I have their 1968 debut - Proud Flesh Soothsayer - so I was glad to run across this one in the bins today, in NM- shape.

Dana Gillespie - Weren't Born A Man
    (1973, RCA/Mainman)

w/ Rick Wakeman, Terry Cox, Bobby Keyes. produced in part by David Bowie and Mick Ronson, includes a great cover of Bowie's Andy Warhol.

A gem!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Dana Gillespie - Weren't Born A Man
    (1973, RCA/Mainman)

w/ Rick Wakeman, Terry Cox, Bobby Keyes. produced in part by David Bowie and Mick Ronson, includes a great cover of Bowie's Andy Warhol.

Oh how lucky you are to have this one in your collection!

Dana Gillespie, Below The Belt, 1984, Ace UK, CH 126

Produced by famous Mike Vernon. Mastered by Bob Jones at C.T.S. Deadwax inscriptions A: Boppin' Bob/B: Rood-but nice .........
    That's it. Tell me, which are your favorite productions by Mike Vernon?

Thread Information