Page 514 of 721 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Justine Johns, Stage Struck, 1983, X Records D, 6.25970

Producer Peter Hauke is synonym for first quality german rock music. He discovered this fantastic US female voice for this german production. Bass and keyboards Tony Carey: that's why there's too much synthies on this one. Don't listen to such disco style tracks as A3 "When a man loves a woman". Justine Johns a.k.a. Deborah Williams teaches singing and lives in Nashville: an interesting strong voice nearly unknown.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

The Kids, Same, 1979, Mercury D, 9198 526

No, this not the usual primitive punk. In fact it's pub rock from Belgium. Sometimes, the music recalls the Kinks in the 80ies. See one of my next posts. Interesting discovery. Look at The Kids' homepage: they still are on the road! Funny:still as kids? No as grandfathers.
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 01-31-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: writing error
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

The Kinks, State Of Confusion, 1983, Arista US, AL8-8018

Underrated. Pub rock by The Kinks. And: "Don't forget to dance". So: "Come dancing". These 2 songs are the highlights of this one. Very good US pressing. Cut out cover. Promo copy.

Procol Harum, Procol's Ninth, 1975, Chrysalis US, PV 41080

Oh why did they? Why did they let it produce by Leiber & Stoller? Fortunately pop music sometimes went unconventional ways. And it was good. Good US reissue pressing.
    It's only rock'n'roll. But we like it. Thanks to Gary Brooker!

Jefferson Airplane - Crown Of Creation
    (1968, RCA Victor)

recycled pictures
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Thanks for the infos. What do you think about the vocal work of Grace Slick?
    I enjoyed her vocals, they suited her strong personality and songwriting. as a woman she transcended a lot of bull__ with her songs and singing. I think her harmonies with Kantner and Balin were sublime ...and so were her looks!

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
    (1967, RCA) MONO

listening with the mono switch engaged on the MC-2205.

Jefferson Airplane, Surrealistic Pillow, 1967, RCA Victor US, LPM-3766, Mono

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
    (1967, RCA) MONO

listening with the mono switch engaged on the MC-2205.

This Mono pressing sounds fantastic. This one is the same issue as you show. But your LP looks a little bit mistreated, isn't it? Do these scratches disturb the sound? Shame on those people who don't know how to treat vinyl........Old US high quality vinyl like this lasts forever! And Mono sounds great. Listen to track A5 "Comin' back to me". Does anybody know who is the singer? Is it Paul Kantner? And, yes, play it loud!

Jefferson Airplane, The Worst Of, 1970, RCA D, NL 83661

Does humor belong in music? Is this the worst work of Jefferson Airplane? It's a Jumbo Jet. German reissue.

Jefferson Airplane, Bark, 1971, RCA US, FTR 1061

Does anybody know the meaning of the front cover art? Is it humor? Is it Dada Art? Remember the beginning of Dada Art in Zürich, Switzerland 1916. 100 years since then. Yes it's Dada.

The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger (4track 12" single)
    (1982, A&M) 45RPM, Holland pressing

Nice sound quality! including the live Message In A Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    This Mono pressing sounds fantastic. This one is the same issue as you show. But your LP looks a little bit mistreated, isn't it? Do these scratches disturb the sound? Shame on those people who don't know how to treat vinyl........Old US high quality vinyl like this lasts forever! And Mono sounds great. Listen to track A5 "Comin' back to me". Does anybody know who is the singer? Is it Paul Kantner? And, yes, play it loud!
    Yes, I prefer the Mono because unfortunately it seems they produced this with a lot of reverb which really seems to thin out the sound. Kind of tragic that so much incredible music - also Buffalo Springfield, Byrds - suffer from thin production.

The grooves are fine on that copy inspite of the mistreatment, and the record plays VG++.

Those haunting vocals on Comin' Back To Me are Marty Balin, sounds like. He sang most of his songs. I imagine walking through SF golden gate park on a foggy winter day for this track and a few others on this album.

Little Steven, Out Of The Darkness, 1984, EMI America NE, K052 2001 606

Only in Europe? Another one of these 12" 45rpm maxis with big fat sound named disco-single.

Julian "Cannonball" Adderley, Somethin' Else, 1958, Blue Note F, BST-81595, RI 1984

French reissue 1984. DMM Direct Metal Mastering. Look at the list of those famous musicians on the cover which is reduced to the max. They had great fun in playing these 5 fine tracks. Listen to the accoustic bass of Sam Jones: you may hear every snaring of the strings. And the hi-hat is very clear. Perfect dynamics.

Been stuck in the house with a bad head cold for about a week. Conserving energy, I sat down and started reading this thread FROM PAGE 1 (currently up to #37 )

It was fun in the earlier days with more than 2 posting.

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Tom, I see you picked up a copy of Deep Purple's "Book Of Taliesyn." Did you have have it when it first came out in '68? It was a favorite album of mine at that time. "Shield" and "Anthem" are my favorites on the LP. I especially enjoy the percussive instruments on "Shield." I no longer have the LP but do have all three of Deep Purple's first LPs on CD.
    don't think I ever answered LR's question.

A triple confluence in '68 kept me from that. 1. no money 2. no TT 3. not near any selling place.

now that I have copies, the dynamics on the LP are terrible, maybe the worst treatment of great material that I've experienced. (except , maybe ..."Shades" ) . their mastering sucked in those days.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information