Page 499 of 721 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Fairport Convention - Liege And Lief
    (1969, A&M)

I wish RT and Sandy Denny/Fairport Convention had stayed together longer with more records like this one, but glad for what we have.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

[QUOTE=Fritz The Cat;384303]Product placement on cover picture. Eric Gale guitar. So many famous musicians! Thanks to producer Creed Taylor. What is a funky pigeon?[/QUOTE]

Watch a pigeon walk around.

I think they are all listening to this:

Dixie Dregs - Free Fall
    (1977, Capricorn) Promo stickered cover

debut record. tasty fusion, an enjoyable listen. I think this title would make a great reissue if one hasn't been done. I have 5 or 6 of the DD records into the 80s. Note that it includes a track titled Refried Funky Chicken.

Gene Clark - White Light
    (1971, A&M) Monarch symbol in the deadwax

Nice. Chris Etheridge, bass; Ben Sidran, piano; Jessie Ed Davis, guitar

Mott The Hoople - Mott
    (1973, Columbia) -1B / -1B

great stuff.

Dixie Dregs, Free Fall, 1977, Capricorn US, CP 0189

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Dixie Dregs - Free Fall
    (1977, Capricorn) Promo stickered cover

debut record. tasty fusion, an enjoyable listen. I think this title would make a great reissue if one hasn't been done. I have 5 or 6 of the DD records into the 80s. Note that it includes a track titled Refried Funky Chicken.
    Funky Chicken: now i know. This one proved, that fusion could have soul. (Cit.:AMG Robert Taylor). Thanks to Producer Stewart Levine. In my youth I played the violin nearly for ten years, but i didn't know the funny possibilities to use it.....Good US pressing, though it's a "cut out".
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Mott The Hoople, Mott, 1973, CBS NE, 69038

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
    Mott The Hoople - Mott
    (1973, Columbia) -1B / -1B

great stuff.
    Yes. Great. This is the german original with the fancy gimmix cover. Good Netherland pressing. Mick Ralphs guitar. Andy Mackay sax. Listen to track B2 "Ballad of Mott the Hoople", which was recorded live in Zurich, March 26, 1972. Oh, if i would have known then.....
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 12-13-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: writing error
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Adriano Celentano, Un Po Artista Un Po No, 1980, Ariola D, 201 726

Reflexive to my post of 11. December 2015, concerning the absence of italian lyrics on the folder of Lou Reed LP "New York": Let's not forget our italian speaking and music listening friends. Here's a replacement for their heart and soul. While cooking italian food for sunday lunch.

Gianna Nannini, California, 1979, Ricordi D, 0065.014

And this one is for the italian speaking girls. In Switzerland we speak 4 languages: German, French, Rumantsch and very important: Italian! Further we learn English in school. English is the modern connecting language in Switzerland. Italian-English-French connection..... Look at the funny shameless cover picture! Do we have also girls here in this forum?
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 12-13-2015 at 02:15 AM. Reason: writing error

The Headboys, Same, 1979, RSO D, 2394 244

New Beat from Scotland. Fat harmony vocals. They kept the music simple. As noted on back cover: nae dolbies, nae aphex, nae bother.
    Remember the Who. Good german pressing.

Bob James, All Around The Town, 1981, Tappan Zee Columbia US, 2LP, C2X 36786

Superb live recordings from Bottom Line, Town Hall and Carnegie Hall 18.-22. December 1979 New York. Detailed booklet. 2 LPs in fold cover. Good US pressing.

Bob James, Sign Of The Times, 1981, CBS NE, 85226

Steve Khan guitar. Marcus Miller bass. So many famous musicians....Good Holland pressing.

Yipes!, Same, 1979, Millennium US, BXL1-7745

New Beat from Wisconsin. Lake Geneva. We also have a Lake Geneva in Switzerland. It's our biggest one. This band was not a big one. But it's interesting stuff. What has become of them? Anybody knows?
    Poor US pressing.
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 12-13-2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: writing error

Mike Bloomfield, I'm With You Always, 1987, Demon UK, FIEND 92

One of the greatest guitar players. Recorded live at McCabe's, Santa Monica, California in 1977. Mark Naftalin piano, Buddy Helm drums, Buell Neidlinger bass. Honor his memory.

David Clayton-Thomas, Same, 1969, Decca US, DL 75146

Great voice.They punched a hole into the cover of this beautiful record. To hell with them! Oh, why did they!!! I hope they pay their sin with very much blood, sweat and tears in hell!!!! Interesting discovery this summer in a thrift store in Vevey Switzerland for 15 SFr.. Who did the superb guitar playing? Does anybody know? Listen to the impressive Loudermilk track B1 "Tobacco Road" and compare with the Eric Burdon/War version. It's sunday evening blues. Superb US pressing.

Thread Information